Operation Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Operation Affairs
- Post date:4 Jun 2021
- Share job:
|Job Title:||Operation Officer|
|Contract Duration:||12-month contract with possibility of extension|
|Description of Service Solution Groups (SSG)
SSG is a key regional player in IT consulting and Advisory services field within the Horn of Africa mainly, Somaliland, Somalia and Ethiopia; bridging gaps between the management approaches and its actual implementation plans. SSG services are grouped into three main categories:
· Business Advisory
· Procurement and Supply Chain
All categories serve a wide range of domestic, regional and multinational clients in the region and are recognized as market leaders in multiple business areas.
Our daily challenges are acquiring the most up-to-date knowledge in different management functions and an up-to-date understanding of the latest technologies and utilizing this knowledge to maximize our clients’ value-added services.
Persistently working toward continuous improvement, and stretching our potential, we have succeeded in developing models and tools that serve to identify our client’s specific requirements and address them most effectively and efficiently. We believe that this represents our leading competitive edge. As such, we strive to continually upgrade and fine-tune these methodologies to remain in line with local and regional business environments.
| Job Purpose
The Operation Officer will provide the SSG Team with daily operations business Strategies, and human resource support to effectively implement program activities, as outlined below.
| Summary of key areas of responsibility:
· Business Strategies
· Daily operations
· Human Resources
· Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer about company processes and procedures.
· Improving business functionality to align with core business objectives.
· Planning and managing projects and contributing to product innovation.
· Tracking operational costs toward maintaining profit-margins.
· Promoting efficiency by implementing improved operational procedures.
· Ensuring positive client, supplier, and vendor relationships.
· Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
· Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
· Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
· Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
· Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
· Assist CEO in fundraising ventures.
· Managing day-to-day operations.
· Optimizing operational processes and procedures for maximum efficiency while maintaining quality standards.
· Assisting with the implementation of new processes and procedures.
· Interacting with customers and suppliers, answering questions, and resolving issues.
· Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.).
· Advise on HR policies when required to ensure these comply with SSG statutory regulations.
· Ensure staff handbook is reviewed and updated as required to comply with SSG’S and statutory procedures.
· Maintain personnel records.
· Coordinate recruitment/induction in line with SSG’s processes.
· Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
· Overseeing human resources development policies, training, and performance reviews.
| PERSON SPECIFICATION
§ A bachelor’s degree in operations management, project management, strategic management, business management, or similar.
§ At least 2 years’ experience in an operations management position, or similar.
§ In-depth knowledge of project management and strategic planning.
§ Experience with budgets and financial reports, and monitoring expenses.
§ Experience in preparing quarterly report of the private companies.
§ Good understanding of the laws of Somaliland related to tax etc.
§ Proficiency in business operations management software, such as Project Manager.
§ Experience in HR policies and procedures and administration systems.
§ Experience of setting-up and managing office systems.
§ Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel).
§ Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods.
§ Strong people management and organizational skills.
§ Strong problem-solving and time management skills
§ Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently.
§ Ability to communicate well in English and Somali.
| TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary: Competitive salary
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract length: 12-month contract with possibility of extension,
Probation: There will be a probation period of two month
Expected starting day 01th of July 2021
Deadline for applications: 15th of June 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1878 total views, 5 today