Operations Assistant – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Operation Affairs
- Post date:30 Nov 2020
- Share job:
Location: Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. Currently, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The purpose of the position is to provide Logistical support to project Activities in Garowe Office while adhering to Adeso policies and procedures.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office-Program Manager and the technical guidance of the HQ team, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for Adeso Administrative, Logistics roles in Garowe with overall control and responsibility over the sections of Procurement, Transportation, Warehousing / Assets, Communication, Equipment Maintenance and Reporting.
Based in Garowe, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for ensuring quality logistics support in Garowe and field offices, and projects. He/she will also ensure the logistics function in the offices is delivered in timely, cost-effective and high quality manner; and supporting field/program teams in achieving and maintaining minimum standards in logistics work.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that procurement tracking in Somalia is current and updated;
- Ensure timely & accurate logistical reporting to Program Manager;
- Continuously assess the market for new procurement opportunities;
- Ensure timely delivery of program supplies to field sites in line with project implementation;
- Assist in the development, monitoring and review of procurement plans.
- Ensure that all contracts with the organization are in an updated database spreadsheet and are paid on time.
Transport and Travel
- Manage and coordinate vehicles and drivers currently used by the team in Field;
- Hire additional vehicles where necessary;
- Ensure that the Drivers fill in the log sheets accurately on a daily basis;
- Arrange for road transportation of staff and goods when necessary;
- Ensure that vehicles are periodically scheduled for maintenance and service;
Warehousing / Assets
- Ensure that all Adeso assets and equipment used in the field are properly assessed and documented (including physical location and condition) to contribute to an updated country program asset register;
- Ensure that all documentation is completed and stored in readiness for external and internal audit requirements;
- To carry out periodic stock checks and to provide physical count of random items in storage. To manage all paperwork related to stored items, including Stock Cards, delivery and receipt papers.
- Ensure logistical support in event of emergency, and that all necessary advance measures have been taken;
- Be responsible for office laptops, project cameras, satellite phones and telephones;
- Manage the contracts with the internet service provider;
- Ensure that all printers and scanners are in good working conditions;
- Liaison with other NGOs and UN agencies on logistics issues.
- Ensure that systems for regular maintenance or repair are implemented for vehicles and other equipment and that routine maintenance and repair of communication and office equipment (computer, radios, satellite phones, power generators) is carried out per schedule.
- Ensure that proper tracking of equipment out for maintenance is followed.
- Provide technical supervision of drivers for matters related to safety and security
- Ensuring that bills are paid on time;
- Act as overall compound manager for the Adeso office compound in the respective field region;
- With the request of the Program Manager, the Operations Assistant will also act as the security focal point for all region;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Office.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Graduate diploma/certificate in Supply chain management or its equivalent in relevant field;
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role (NGO field or country head office preferred);
· Knowledge of donor regulations will be an added advantage;
· Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and email is a must;
· Technical IT skills, such as networking and problem solving is an advantage;
· Excellent people management skills and good communicator;
· Highly organized and self-motivated;
· Ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks;
· High standard of written and spoken English with spoken and Somali a must.
How to apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com , quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 14th December 2020.
Each application should be addressed to HR Coordinator and include the following:
• An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and
• An application letter which should include cover letter, remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one’s background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1740 total views, 1 today