Operations Coordinator – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Operation Affairs
- Post date:13 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 23 days
- Share job:
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Muslim Aid is a registered Islamic faith-based, international non-profit organisation which was established in the UK in 1985. It is a registered charity with the Charity Commission of England and Wales (Charity Registration No: 1176462). The mission and purpose of Muslim Aid is to serve humanity and relieve poverty, through its education, livelihoods, and health development projects, whilst also aiming to respond to emergencies. Muslim Aid Somalia is seeking an Executive Administrator to the Country Director.
Summary of Role:
The purpose of the Operation’s Coordinator is to be involved in a wide variety of activities involving coordination, logistics (transport, warehousing, and procurement), security, and staff supervision. This provides valuable support to the program staff, enabling them to focus on their core activities.
About the Role: The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Support logistical activities such as procurement (including procurement planning), supply chain, stock management, warehousing, transport booking and tracking, utilities in field locations, communication equipment, vehicle hire, and asset tracking.
- Liaise with Project Managers to provide effective logistical support to projects and field teams.
- Be the point of contact between all field teams and Mogadishu-based logistics positions.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in line with Muslim Aid guidelines and procedures and according to donor requirements.
To be successful in this role:
- You will be an exceptional experienced and qualified Operations Coordinator with a minimum Three-years post qualification experience plus minimum of one year at a senior level.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level. Postgraduate degree in Supplies chain management, procurement, humanitarianism, programme management, or equivalent.
- Significant prior NGO experience in logistics management, within a complex/large scale country program and in emergency response/humanitarian environments.
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security.
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Operation Coordinator to be able to lead on, build and develop quality supplies chain management programming.
You will be joining a supportive, highly skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With subject line as application for the position of Head of Programs – Somalia
Closing Date will be 9thFebruary 2021
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Muslim Aid is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith, or disability
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1839 total views, 1 today