Operations Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Operation Affairs
- Post date:12 Oct 2020
- Share job:
Amanah Islamic Insurance is a company in Somalia/Somaliland established in 2018. It practices the legitimate co-operative Insurance which complies with the Islamic Shariah laws and on the basis of a Wakalah (agency) with a known wage. The company is principally involved in the provision of Islamic financial protection services, based on principles and rulings of Shariah. This places an emphasis on a spirit of co-operation and joint responsibility among participants. The company’s objective is to be the preferred provider of Islamic financial protection services and it is making a concerted effort to achieve this ambition.
Title: Operations Manager
Location: Based on Hargeisa (Traveling to Somaliland/Somalia offices)
Our expanding company is seeking to hire an Operations Manager to join our leadership team. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation the company, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will also be in charge in day to day activities and help the company to achieve the goal, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
Successful candidates will have a Master’s degree in business management/administration (or a related field) and have prior experience in a management or leadership position. A deep understanding of financial management and Islamic insurance is also a necessary.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide inspired leadership for the Company.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Achieving business targets for the company,
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations/Companies.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Master’s degree in business management or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Insurance and management.
- Solid understanding of Islamic finance and insurance.
- Other Business experience will be plus.
- Understanding the culture of Somaliland and Somalia business interactions.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to present to Senior Management team and Board of Directors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution.
- Client focused, customer service disposition.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and has ability to work with a diverse staff.
How to apply:
Please send your CV, Cover Letter and Credentials to this emails; Info@amaanahinsurance.com before 22 October 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1812 total views, 4 today