- Job category: Nurse/Laboratory
- Post date:21 Nov 2019
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay/ Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below three Positions of Nutrition Nurse.
Job Title: OTP Nurse (1 Position).
The Nutrition Nurse is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient and effective service to patients
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Key Area of responsibility:
- Detection of severe acute malnutrition in the community and provision of treatment for those without medical complications with ready-to-use therapeutic foods or other nutrient-dense foods at home.
- Record properly all screening results and write daily, weekly, monthly reports.
- To prevent and trace defaulter, s/he will check any absence from TSFP/MCHN and OTP attendance to help CNWs and other nutrition team members in investigating and acting on causes of default and non-response or an increase in deaths.
- Provide nutritional and medical care with individual counselling on proper nutrition techniques, offering practical advice and education to mothers on the key issues of Infant and Young child feeding practices including the importance of exclusive breastfeeding for the initial 6 months of the children.
- Assist the Nutrition team in general and in particular the Supervisor in planning for monthly mobile outreach to the community in Heliwa district / Banadir region as a whole.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and childbirth, and develop health improvement programs
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including dietary intake, general health improvement and physical activity for reporting.
A loving home for every child
- Record and report to the nutrition supervisor any symptoms and changes in the patients’ conditions for decission making.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, PH or related field
Minimum 3 years of progressive professional experience in Managements of Immunization, or had work with Health Partner for MCH Projects
Excellent command in Somali and English
Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills Ward Management Skills
Basic Knowledge and experience Nutrition
Proactive, result oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email HR.SO@sossomalia.org Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 4th December, 2019
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
A loving home for every child
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3848 total views, 26 today