Outreach and Communications Officer -Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:26 Mar 2020
- Share job:
Somalia Bar amo Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
Outreach and Communications Officer
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Somalia Bar ama Baro (BAB) Program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (OOSCY), ages 8-15 years, in specific regions of Somalia. The program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
The Outreach and Communications Officerwill be responsible for working under the leadership of the Outreach and Communications Manager who will lead, direct, and manage the communications, including report writing, work plan development, public affairs and outreach/messaging operations of the USAID-funded Bar amo Baro education program.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Outreach and Communications Officerwill report directly to the Outreach and Communications Manager.
- Review and develop a working knowledge and understanding of ADS 320 as regards marking and branding (and general communications requirements and standards) to train, coach and mentor BAB colleagues and partners to ensure development of quality information dissemination vehiclesthat are compliant;
- Contribute to the development, creation and implementation of acomprehensive communications outreach plan that utilizes relevant channels for the dissemination of information on program activities and their results;
- Advise and counsel staffon public relations techniques impacting program activities including, but not limited to, potential problems and opportunities in the various communities served;
- Contribute to the provision of appropriate materials to the USAID Mission about the programthat may be used for dissemination on Mission web pages, other USAID Missions, visiting delegations and to HQ;
- Write and supervise, as requested, the writing and dissemination of medium and exposure stories, feature stories, news releases, blogs andselected reports (such as USAID weekly, quarterly and annual reports);
- Contribute to and produce content for use on social media and manage and monitor these outlets;
- Identify and work with outside contractors, such as photographers, videographers and other communication professionals, to meet the goals of program;
- Produce posters, signs, displays, media campaigns, etc. to meet the goals of program;
- Implement the BAB Program USAID-approved Branding Strategy and Marking Plan (aka Branding and Marking Plan) for the program; ensure BAB staff and partners do the same;
- Support the Outreach and Communications Manager, and Chief of Party (COP) as requested, in consolidating and organizing the program’s reporting/communications requirements;
- Ensure that reports and all information dissemination vehicles are of a quality nature with accurate information and are submitted to USAID in a timely manner;
- Identify and write, or contribute to the writing of all,program information dissemination vehicles that meet USAID’s standards;
- Organize outreach events as and when needed to meet the goals of the program;
- Collaborate with HQ and USAID Communications teams as and when needed, per the guidance of the Outreach and Communications Manager;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of four (4) years of work experience in Communications or other relevant fields;
- Practical experience of working with ADS 320 and its application to all facets of program implementation per compliance requirements;
- Experience supporting large, preferably USAID-funded, program communications departments and activities implemented under contracts;
- Experience in social media management and content production;
- Experience in developing communications plans;
- Experience in training and/or mentoring staff (willing to train and be trained);
- Experience in dealing with media companies/organizations;
- English (professional-level oral and written) is required;
- Strong English writing and editing skills;
- Authorization to work full-time in Somalia; and
- Possession of a Somali passport to facilitate work-related travel throughout program area of implementation.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply through this email email@example.com. Before 15th April 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2639 total views, 1 today