Pharmacy Assistant – Jigjiga, Somali Regional State Of Ethiopia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:10 Jan 2022
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
Ärzte der Welt / Doctors of the World / Médecins Du Monde is a network of 16 humanitarian Non-Governmental organizations, working in health and medical aid in domestic and international projects. The focus lies on ensuring access to primary healthcare services, SRH / MCH services (incl. GBV) and psychosocial support. Furthermore, MdM is advocating for a universal access and rights to health services, especially for disadvantaged groups and people affected by crises and conflicts.
MdM has been working in Ethiopia since 1986, implementing different types of programmes from long-term interventions to emergency response. The current project in the Somali region by MdMGe is aiming to improve the access to and the quality of health care services (with a focus on sexual and reproductive health) and prevention of epidemics (incl. Covid-19) for the conflict and crisis affected population in two areas of the Region (Gerbo, Nogob Zone / Qoloji IDP Camp/ Fafaan Zone). Particular attention will be paid to the needs of women and girls by improving the access to SRH services, including GBV. Nutrition and WASH are integrated in this multi-sectoral approach and carried out by the local organisation OWDA (Organisation for Welfare and Development in Action).
The Pharmacy Assistant is responsible for the overall management of medical stocks in JIgjiga warehouse, Koloji Health center and Gabogabo ensuring good stock control and ordering, and accurate distribution of drugs in the different departments.
- Ensures that all stocks use consumption tools, stock cards and monthly consumption overview appropriately.
- Ensures that all stock movements are in accordance with the MDM-G supply manual and standards.
- Ensures that all stocks are stored in correct conditions, in correct place, on labeled shelves.
- Ensures that the store remains clean, tidy and that access is tightly controlled.
- Prepares the weekly or biweekly orders from MCH OTP& SC departments, according to MDM protocols.
Updates stock cards in timely manner.
- Compares the department request with the consumption on weekly basis, together with Medical Warehouse Manager (MWM)
- Reports potential ruptures on weekly basis to MWM and informs the departmental staffs about ruptures.
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident.
- Work closely with MWM to learn and master all aspects of warehouse operations
Receipt of goods
- Follow the MDM standard forms & procedures while receiving the goods/drugs
- Count number of boxes and packages using information of Delivery Note or waybill.
- Check status of all boxes and packages.
- Update stock cards upon receipt of any supplies.
- Ensure all items are well organized and correctly stored in order to be visible and reachable avoiding accidents or destruction of goods, i.e. humidity, water, sun, big piles.
- Ensure that all necessary information is correctly and fully recorded in stock cards according to MDM protocols, batch number, expiry date, date of receipt, stock balance.
- Inform line manager about any items reaching minimum or maximum threshold as well as items expiring within the coming six months.
- Ensure temperature is always within permitted limits (11-25 c⁰) as well as items that require cold chain are stored correctly.
Maintenance, Safety & Security
- Do not allow people not related to warehouse and pharmacies enter in those areas without prior authorization.
- Keep areas of pharmacy and warehouses clean and tidy.
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks (ex. setting up of shelves).
- Always ensure warehouse and pharmacy is under lock and key when not in use
- Ensure that locks, doors and windows of warehouse/pharmacy are in good working condition
- Ensure with Log manager correct use of extinguishers as well as know where they are located.
- Prepare an inventory list of the assets stored in the warehouse/pharmacy.
- Coordinate with the Logistics Manager for items which require a service maintenance (fridge, freeze, air conditioner, fire extinguishers …)
Reporting & archiving
- Ensure that line manager is informed of any problems that might be linked to medical supply.
- Conduct a monthly physical inventory of the goods in the warehouse/pharmacy with Medical Warehouse Manager.
- Make sure the archives consigned by the bases are well stored properly.
Line Manager: Pharmacy Manager
Functional reports: Pharmacy manager
Length of contract: 12 MONTHS(Possibility for extension)
- Secondary school with medical experience or diploma in Pharmacy
- English: oral and written essential
- Proficient user of MS Office, in particular Excel. Experience in similar position (6months-1 year)
- Experience in medical stock management, including cold chain (1 year)
- Showing flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Should be fluent in English and Somali
How to Apply
To apply, please submit: a two-page curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one-page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above; copy of certificate/License (if applicable).
If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for submission: 22nd January 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are unable to accept phone calls.
Starting date: 1st Feb 2022
Place of office: Jigjiga
We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
Our processes of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
Please note that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
499 total views, 1 today