Pharmacy Consultancy – Gedo, Somalia
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:12 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
1. Background to the Assignment
Trocaire Somalia has supported health service delivery in Gedo region Somalia for the past 27 years. On average, approximately 15,000 people use Trocaire supported pharmacy services every month. The vast majority of the population cannot afford any private health services since they have no regular sources of income and hence rely on essential services supported by Trocaire.
The purpose of this consultancy is to assess and enhance the capacities of the pharmacies and pharmacists in this programme by identifying key needs and gaps, training staff accordingly and facilitating the revision of the drug list to respond to the standards in the EPHS.
2. Assignment Objectives
The overall objective of the assignment is to assist the medical officers in providing technical and management support to the District pharmacies in areas of management of drugs including reporting, ordering, storage, inventory management, consumption, and flow of drugs to various programme supported health facilities.
1. Key tasks
- Assess, advise and enhance stock management of drugs and medical materials within the hospital/ referral health centres/primary health units
- Assess, advise and enhance the management of drugs in Trocaire’s central store including reporting, inventory management, consumptions and flow plus evaluate existing stocks
- Provide technical support on pharmaceutical management and operations to the health facility teams and clinicians.
- Monitor prescriptions and conduct audits to ensure clinically justified prescriptions are being dispensed based on WHO protocol and Somalia STGs
- Revise hospital essential drugs list in line with essential packages of health services for Somalia.
2. Expected Outputs
2.1. A written report outlining the consultant’s analysis of the pharmacy context in Dolow, Luuq and Belet Hawa and Gabaraharey district with recommendations on the required changes to the dispensing pharmacy and pharmaceutical store.
2.2. A revised detailed action plan based on the two potential scenarios presented.
2.3. Design and deliver 5 days training for hospital pharmacist, in-charges of health centres and PHU and store keepers (A detailed training module, methodology and pre/post-test papers, Facilitate and manage the training, Certificate of attendance to the HW completing the course and Detailed narrative report on training process and provide recommendations
2.4. develop and define rules and regulations for general conduct of the pharmaceutical store operation and inventory control with due consideration to basic store and inventory control principles including:
- Planning inbound pharmaceutical products receipt procedures
- Storage formalities e.g., location management, inventory control, health, security and safety issues
- Qualification & Experience
- Degree in pharmacy or HND in pharmaceutical Technology
- 2-3 years’ experience in supply chain for pharmaceutical commodities
- Have a good experience in proper storage conditions for drug supplies.
- Initiative, flexibility, accuracy, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good personal organizational skills, including ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products: previous experience with LMIS systems
- Exceptional communication skills
- Expanded computer skills.
This consultancy is planned for a period of one calendar month, at which point progress will be reviewed and the need for continuation of this consultancy will be evaluated.
5. Terms of Consultancy
The consultancy shall be undertaken through a standard agreement to be signed between the Trocaire Somalia and the Consultant under the laws of Kenya which will stipulate the nature of services and the contractual obligations of parties involved.
- Safeguarding Policy:
Trocaire Somalia is committed to safeguarding the rights of the beneficiaries and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins Trocaire Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping beneficiaries always safe.
- data Protection:
At all times ensures that personal data of donors, Trocaire beneficiaries and their families as well as DHB health workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing Trocaire data protection policies.
How to apply
Trocaire is seeking the services of a consultant, who has a degree in pharmacy or HND in pharmaceutical Technology, for a short term contract to support pharmacists and medical officers to oversee the management of pharmaceutical commodities and pharmacies. The assignment will support reporting, ordering, storage, inventory management, consumption, and flow of drugs to various programme supported health facilities in Gedo.
Interested parties should send their Expression of Interest detailing experience and competency based on the Terms of Reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of the email: Pharmacy Consultancy
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
393 total views, 18 today