Planning Consultant MoIS -Dhusamareb, Galmudug state of Somalia
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:13 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 8 hours
- Share job:
Galmudug State of Somalia
Ministry of Internal security
|TERMS OF REFERENCE|
|Post title||Planning Consultant|
|Reporting line||The Director General of the Ministry|
|Duration||6months with possibility of extension|
|I. Organizational Context/Background|
|The Ministry of Internal Security (MOIS) is ultimately aiming to achieve its vision of making Galmudug State a safer and better place for all the citizens where peace, progress, and prosperity can be in horizon in the near future to contribute to national security, durable stability and complete disarmament, demobilization and reintegration of the clan militias.
The Ministry of Internal Security is to expand the capacity of implementation for Security operations that matter for people in need in the state. It is also committed to contribute to economic development by bringing about sustainable, reliable peace and security and stability throughout the region.
Doing this, therefore the Ministry has to deploy in knowledgeable experts to help it deliver its mandate to the citizens.
|II. Job description|
|The Policy and Planning Officer will develop a package of planning Policy and Planning by developing, implementing, and monitoring the Strategic development and reviewing organizational and departmental policies. Functions also include collecting, analyzing and compiling data on social, economic, and political issues with the following tasks:
· Develop, implement, and monitor the Strategic and development of the Ministry in collaboration with other key personnel in the cross-section of the departments.
· Assist in developing and reviewing policies which affect the Ministry as a whole.
· Collect, analyze and compile data on social, economic and political issues.
· Prepare working papers, reports and briefs designed to aid in the process of planning, policy formulation and problem solving.
· Report to the Director general on developments and changes in legislation, regulations, international standards and any other relevant research.
· Identify the gaps and plan the resources in line with the strategic priorities.
· Coordinate closely with consultants conducting third part monitoring and sport checks, provide requested documentation and address identified weakness in the area of policy development.
· Act an as an M&E, plan and develop a work-plan for the implementation of policy development in close coordination with all relevant people in the Ministry of Internal Security.
· Develop a simple reporting format for capturing progress against agreed deliverables to be used and quality narrative reports using this format.
· Highlight risks and challenges that may hinder/delay implementation and provide recommendations to address those risks and challenges.
· Collect, analyze and report quarterly data on social, economic and political issues.
· Be responsible for monitoring of and reporting against the steps taken to address institutional weaknesses that were outlined in the recent micro-capacity assessment of the Ministry of Internal Security
| KEY measurable deliverables for JSSGP
· Develop at least two policy documents in the priorities of Ministry of Internal Security
· Develop and establish an M&E plan for the Ministry of Internal Security.
|Technical planning officer reports to the director general with constant consultation with the executive assistant to the minister and the senior Policy advisor.|
|V. Recruitment Qualifications and Competencies|
· A Bachelor/master’s degree of Science degree in a Social Science, preferably with Policy Development, Research, Evaluation, Project Management or Public Sector Management.
· A minimum of two 3 years’ work experience in policy development, planning, research and evaluation.
· Working knowledge of research methods and evaluation techniques and mechanisms.
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
· Working knowledge of public policy planning.
· Good project management skills.
· Good teambuilding skills.
· Working knowledge of regulations and procedures governing the Public Service.
· Working knowledge of computer applications.
· Conscientious and self-motivated with an ability to work as a team member and on own initiative and ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity and self-development, initiative-taking.
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management.
· IT competencies in Word, Excel, Power Point, and internet.
· Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English.
· No criminal record.
Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to submit their expression of interest with updated CVs with cover letter to JSSGPjobs@gmail.com / email@example.com with the subject line clearly marked with the TITLE of the Position you are applying for not later than 19 of Jan 2021 at mid night.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted due to huge volume of application.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
830 total views, 9 today