PLHIV Coordinator – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:31 Mar 2021
- Share job:
SOUTH CENTRAL SOMALI PLHIV NETWORK (SCSPN)
South Central Somalia PLHIV Network (SCSPN) is a non-political, non-governmental, non-profitable network of People Living with HIV/AIDS and organizations working for the development of people living with HIV/AIDS in south central Somalia
It was officially established in Benadir region at SAHAFI 2 Hotel, on 19th October 2009 in order to combat this epidemic with the common effort, its principle objective is to empower PLHIV & their families. SCSPN Network programs serve to help implement PLHIV rights, to generate increased commitment and support for the realization of their rights to live with dignity
SCSPN plans to achieve its goal and objectives through the facilitation of a free flow of information and advocacy for greater involvement and acceptance of PLHIV at all levels of society
JOB VACANCY – PLHIV Coordinator
TERMS OF REFERENCE – PLHIV COORDINATOR
Job Title: PLHIV Coordinator
Job Status: Full time 40 hours/week
Locations: Based on Mogadishu and will travel to Kismayo, Baidoa, Dhusamareeb, Marka & Afgoye
Supervisor: Prevention & Care Programme Coordinator
These ToRs are for the prevention and care response for Key Vulnerable Populations (KVP) and People Living with HIV (PLHIV).
Key responsibilities of this position
The PLHIV Coordinator is responsible for directly supervising the field-based Case Management Supervisors and to indirectly supervise and coordinate a team of case management workers (CMW) who work across a specific geographical area. Case management workers provide outreach services to PLHIV and their families, including referrals. The coordinator is responsible to manage relationships with clinical staff at ART centres to ensure the smooth running of services at these sites. He/she is also responsible to maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the field, including the National AIDS Commissions and Ministries of Health.
The PLHIV Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Managing the PLHIV Network including facilitating nutritional support;
- Facilitating the Drop-in-Centre for PLHIV;
- Facilitating adherence support groups;
- Facilitating annual PLHIV forums;
- Facilitating Know Your Rights programming.
Salary and Conditions
Salary: USD 600 per month
Probationary Period: 1 month
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Roles and Responsibilities
CM general roles and responsibilities:
- Facilitate the provision of services to PLHIV and their families, including index case testing, adherence and psycho-social counselling, bringing in clients to their appointments, and referrals.
- Conduct weekly meetings with field-based case PLHIV case management supervisors;
- Coordinate and organize meetings with treatment services and other partner organisations at least twice a month, including review of support needed for individual clients.
- Ensure that CMW follow protocols and procedures.
- Regular supervision of field-based case management supervisors and case management workers (CMW).
- Coordinate individual work planning and work plan review with the case management team.
- Advise and guide case management field-based CM supervisors in relation to their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Coordinate team and capacity building with field-based CM supervisors and CMW.
- Coordinate individual annual performance review of field-based CM supervisors and CMW.
- Aggregate data from the CM field-based supervisors and file Individual Client Records (ICR) prepared by case management workers and field-based supervisors for safekeeping against unauthorized access, attaching the client’s behaviour or treatment plan/encode data to the client database.
- Coordinate and ensure that field-based CM supervisors and CMW have & use the forms they need.
- Represent services for PLHIV at coordination forums and meetings.
- Meet regularly and work cooperatively with the clinical teams at ART centres.
- Contribute to a welcoming workplace.
- Work to ensure the workplace is free from bullying, harassment and all forms of discrimination.
- Work to ensure that program is a welcoming service program for marginalized people including PLHIV.
- Help to eliminate social and service barriers for clients.
- Participate in supervision with the Prevention & Care Programme Coordinator (and/or organisation’s management) and follow all reasonable instructions.
- Utilize the host organization’s policies and procedures when representing the organization in service delivery.
- Organise, lead and actively participate in team meetings and team building exercises conducted by the host organization.
- Ensure yearly individual performance reviews of field-based CM supervisors and individual case management workers.
- Engage in professional development to build your skills.
- Support the development or strengthening of the PLHIV Network.
- Formally register PLHIV.
- Develop with the KVP & PLHIV Technical Advisor, the Network’s mandate (including services to be provided), by-laws, and other organisational protocols and procedures.
- Support with the KVP & PLHIV Technical Advisor GNP+ organisational training.
- Facilitate the selection of PLHIV meeting nutritional support criteria with ART doctors.
Drop-in-Centre for PLHIV
- Facilitate the DIC days for PLHIV.
Adherence support groups
- Run adherence support groups with PLHIV – either on the organisation’s premises or at the ART centre.
Annual PLHIV forums
- Facilitate annual PLHIV Forum with KVP & PLHIV Technical Advisor.
Know Your Rights programming
- Support the Know Your Rights training and programming with KVP & PLHIV Technical Advisor. www.somalijobs.net
- Bachelor’s degree in management, public health, social services, or relevant field.
- Previous health-related outreach/promotion experience of at least 5 years.
- Demonstrate experience working with PLHIV.
- Training on HIV, ART and adherence, and motivational interviewing preferred.
- Experience in the supervision of staff or volunteers.
- Ability to collect and record data.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to upholding the rights and health of PLHIV.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Be highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines and organizational expectations on time and without prompting.
- Ability to communicate cooperatively and diplomatically with people at all levels.
- PLHIV will be prioritised.
PREVENTION AND CARE PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTATION
Supervision of Prevention & Care Progrmme Coordinator TBD by NGO.
Interested candidates may send their application with CV, copies of certificates and other credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 8th April 2021, 12:00 PM
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1132 total views, 2 today