Police Reform Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Police Affairs
- Post date:11 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 6 days
- Share job:
JSSGP TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Post Title||Police Reform Advisor|
|Institution and unit||Ministry of Internal Security (MOIS)|
|Name of Supervisor||Director General|
|· Provides strategic advice and support to the Ministers, Executive Group and designated departments in the reform and development of Somali police capability.
· Responsible for achievement and full implementation of the MOIS Commitments Agreement, specifically the development and implementation of those policies specified in the Commitments Agreement.
· Provide civilian oversight and ministerial support to SPF ID&CB initiatives, and development / implementation of the SPF Strategic Plan and SPF ID&CB Plan.
· Capacity development of the MOIS Planning & Development Department
· Assisting the development of inclusive programs for protection of gender and vulnerable groups within and by the police
|· Within one month, report on status of existing MOIS planning department systems and processes, with recommendations for improvement and a six-month action plan for delivery.
· In partnership with the Planning Department and JSSGP-funded training package in 2021, develop and implement appropriate working level SOPs, operating manuals, systems and processes.
· Deliver monthly in house (on the job) training and mentoring of Planning Department personnel.
· Support the development of the SPF Strategic Plan and SPF ID&CB Plan
|· Internal weekly report to MOIS Lead Advisor(s) on progress of previous week, and action plan for the following week.
· External monthly report to MOIS/UNDP monthly, covering project progress, milestone achievement, key issues, risks identification/assessment and risk mitigation.
|Qualifications and competencies|
|Education: University degree (law, law enforcement, Criminal Justice, Security studies, International Law management) administration is highly desirable. Or related fields.
Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in the fields of police or other national law enforcement.
· IT competencies in Word, Email and coms such as WhatsApp and Zoom/or similar meeting tools.
· Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English
· No criminal record and no evidence of any criminal or terrorist associations.
· Conscientious and self-motivated with an ability to work as a team member and on own initiative.
· Ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter and Certificates
Via e-mail to JSSGPjobs@gmail.com /email@example.com so no later than 20 /0 1/2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
483 total views, 24 today