Policy Analysis and Implementation Officer – Policy Analysis and Implementation Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Policy & Partnership Affairs
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Scope of Work (SOW)
Policy Analysis and Implementation Officer
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
|I. General Information|
|Position||Policy Analysis and implementation officer – one position.|
|Project Name||Bar ama Baro (BAB) Project|
|Contract period||12 months|
|Location||Federal MOECHE, Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Reporting lines||BAB Project Advisor at MOECHE and Director of Planning|
|II. Background Information|
The USAID/Somalia Bar ama Baro (BAB) Program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
|III. Position Summary|
The Policy Analysis and implementation officer will assist in the development and implementation of ABE policies at the both federal and FMS. S/he will work in close collaboration with Planning Department and the NFE/TVET Departments to oversee, monitor and report the implementation of the ABE policies. The officer will be responsible for conducting collaborative and capacity building activities that that engage Federal and FMS Education officials.
|IV. Key responsibilities|
- Consult with the relevant departments and prioritize the formulation of policy, guidelines, procedures, and regulatory frameworks within their respective subsectors
- Lead a decentralized-level and data-driven policy dialogues and consensus building efforts among governmental and non-governmental education-related stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate Federal and state-level activities to strengthen Education Management Information System (EMIS) in support of ABE related data to improve progress in expanding access and quality education.
- Develop strategic implementation plan to disseminate ABE validated policies and procedures
- Train the key departmental heads of the Federal Ministry and FMS on implementation and operationalizing of the ABE validated policies, guidelines, procedures and regulatory frameworks
- Support various means and methods for the dissemination of new policies and opportunities for bottom-up feedback at all levels through state-level and regional-level workshops.
- Promote inclusivity, gender equity, and conflict mitigation and peacebuilding throughout all policy design and implementation.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
|VI. Key Qualifications|
- Bachelor’s in Education, public administration, public policy, or other relevant degree.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in education policy in Somalia and of international development activities with increasingly levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated understanding of EMIS systems, data collection and management
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
- Must be professionally proficient in written and spoken English.
- Must be fluent in Somali language.
- Must be willing to be based at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education in Mogadishu
|VII. Core Values & Critical Key Competencies|
Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Diversity, Stress Tolerance, communicating with Impact, Excellence and Building Partnerships.
|VII. How to Apply|
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for Policy Analysis and Implementation Officer – MoECHE Mogadishu Somalia.
Deadline 7th April 2021.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1259 total views, 1 today