Prevention and Care Programme Coordinator – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:31 Mar 2021
- Share job:
SOUTH CENTRAL SOMALI PLHIV NETWORK (SCSPN)
South Central Somalia PLHIV Network (SCSPN) is a non-political, non-governmental, non-profitable network of People Living with HIV/AIDS and organizations working for the development of people living with HIV/AIDS in south central Somalia
It was officially established in Benadir region at SAHAFI 2 Hotel, on 19th October 2009 in order to combat this epidemic with the common effort, its principle objective is to empower PLHIV & their families. SCSPN Network programs serve to help implement PLHIV rights, to generate increased commitment and support for the realization of their rights to live with dignity
SCSPN plans to achieve its goal and objectives through the facilitation of a free flow of information and advocacy for greater involvement and acceptance of PLHIV at all levels of society
Outreach Worker & Case Management Worker
TERMS OF REFERENCE – PREVENTION AND CARE PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
Job Title: Prevention and Care Programme Coordinator
Job Status: Full time 40 hours/week
Locations: Based on Mogadishu and will travel to Kismayo, Baidoa, Dhusamareeb, Marka & Afgoye
Supervisor: (TBD by the NGO partner)
These ToRs are for the prevention and care response for Key Vulnerable Populations (KVP) and People Living with HIV (PLHIV).
Key responsibilities of this position
The Prevention and Care Programme Coordinator is responsible for directly supervising the field-based Outreach Supervisors (2-3) and to indirectly supervise and coordinate a team of outreach workers (ORW) who work across a specific geographical area. Outreach workers provide education and HIV prevention tools, and also bring in untested clients for HIV counselling and testing. The coordinator is responsible to manage relationships with clinical staff at HIV counselling and testing centres and ensures the smooth running of service at these sites. He/she is also responsible to maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the field, including the police and other law enforcement agencies, relevant venue owners e.g. marfish and hotel proprietors and gate keepers at locations if/where drug use occurs. The coordinator also manages all logistical, administration, staff and financial needs of both the outreach and case management teams.
The Prevention and Care Programme Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Managing the HIV/C19 hotline and three hotline counsellors;
- Managing the Community Conversations focused on vulnerable populations: IDP’s, prisoners, young people/university students, uniformed personnel (9 trips per quarter 3 days per trip);
- Overall management of the Drop-in-Centre for KVP and PLHIV and specific programme management for KVP;
- Supporting the ORW training and HTC capacity building for ORW – key focal person for training consultant.
Salary and Conditions
Salary: USD 800 per month
Probationary Period: 1 month
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Roles and Responsibilities
OR General roles and responsibilities:
- Facilitate the provision of HIV awareness and prevention education and tools (condoms, PrEP, PEP, clean needles and syringes) to key populations at high risk for HIV infection;
- Oversee the successful referral of clients to HIV testing, and to HIV case workers if testing positive, or if the client enrols in PrEP;
- Conduct weekly meetings with field based ORW Supervisors;
- Coordinate and organize meetings with HIV counselling and testing services and other partner organisations at least once a month.
- Ensure that outreach workers follow protocols and procedures.
- Regular supervision of field based ORW Supervisors and outreach workers.
- Coordinate individual work planning and work plan review with the outreach worker team.
- Advise and guide field-based OR Supervisors in relation to their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Coordinate team and capacity building with field-based OR Supervisors and ORW.
- Coordinate individual annual performance review of field-based OR Supervisors and ORW.
- Explore and develop professional development opportunities for both cadres of field-based Supervisors, CMW and ORW. www.somalijobs.net
- Aggregate data from the field-based Supervisors and file Individual Client Records (ICR) prepared by outreach workers and field-based Supervisors for safekeeping against unauthorized access, attaching the client’s behaviour or treatment plan.
- Encode data to the client database.
- Report to the PR, the KVP & PLHIV Technical Advisor, NAC and MoH.
- Coordinate work plans, supportive supervision, capacity building and general programming with the KVP & PLHIV Technical Advisor.
- Coordinate and ensure that field-based Supervisors and ORW have & use the forms they need.
- Oversee management of office space, equipment and logistics.
- Represent HIV services for key vulnerable and vulnerable populations at coordination forums and meetings.
- Meet regularly and work cooperatively with the clinical teams at HIV counselling and testing sites to ensure smooth integration of services with clinical teams and case work teams.
- Explore and coordinate with mobile HIV testing and counselling services to offer this service if relevant.
- Contribute to a welcoming workplace.
- Work to ensure the workplace is free from bullying, harassment and all forms of discrimination.
- Work to ensure that program is a welcoming service program for marginalized people including KVP and vulnerable populations and PLHIV.
- Help to eliminate social and service barriers for clients.
- Participate in supervision with the organisation’s director and follow all reasonable instructions.
- Utilize the host organization’s policies and procedures when representing the organization in service delivery.
- Organise, lead and actively participate in team meetings and team building exercises conducted by the host organization.
- Ensure yearly individual performance reviews of field-based Supervisors and individual case workers.
- Engage in professional development to build your skills.
- Manage the HIV/COVID19 hotline during the work week.
- Supervise three counsellors for the hotline on the organisation’s’ premises and respond to queries from a prepared hotline script.
- Ensure quarterly running expenses for the hotline are paid.
- Manage Community conversations focused on vulnerable populations: IDP’s, prisoners, young people/university students, uniformed personnel (9 trips per quarter 3 days per trip);
Drop-in-Centre (DIC) for KVP and PLHIV
- Manage the drop-in-centre on the organisation’s’ premises on specific days for KVP and PLHIV.
- Ensure the DIC is outfitted with furniture and other items including material to hand out to KVP and PLHIV.
ORW training and HTC capacity building for ORW.
- Support consultants in outreach and case management training, including refresher training.
- Support periodic capacity building on HTC and any other capacity building opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, public health, social services, or relevant discipline.
- Previous health-related outreach/promotion experience of at least 7 years.
- Demonstrated previous experience in HIV.
- Training on HIV counselling and testing, behavioural change communication, ART and adherence, and motivational interviewing preferred.
- Experience in the supervision of staff or volunteers.
- Ability to collect and record data.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to upholding the rights and health of people in key vulnerable populations and PLHIV.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Be highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines and organizational expectations on time and without prompting.
- Ability to communicate cooperatively and diplomatically with people at all levels.
PREVENTION AND CARE PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTATION
Supervision of Prevention & Care Progrmme Coordinator TBD by NGO.
Interested candidates may send their application with CV, copies of certificates and other credentials to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: 8th April 2021, 12:00 PM
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1113 total views, 1 today