Procurement Manager, Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Procurement
- Post date:9 Oct 2021
- Share job:
Advertisement of Procurement Manager
SRCS Somaliland is seeking a qualified candidate for the following position;
Job Title: Procurement Manager.
Grade: Band 6
Reporting to: Director of Program and Organization Development
Duty Station: Coordination office, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Posting Date: 9thOctober2021.
Posting Expiry Date: 23nd October2021.
Contract Type : 6 monthsof possible renewal
Overall Job Purpose
The procurement manager provide support and oversee to the development, implementation and evaluation of the procurement plan and budget aligned to strategic priorities. Coordinates the entire procurement process from sourcing, tendering, evaluation, contracting, deliveryand distribution, ensuring full compliance with approved procurement policy guidelines in order to control expenditure, avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage procurement activities for the different programs including tender specifications, quotations, bid evaluation, purchase orders, packaging, storage and transportation of supplies.
- Liaise with coordination office to regional branch offices to ensure timely processing of procurement requests and delivery to the required destinations.
- Develop and manage the suppliers’ database, and establish competitive supplier selection,evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that prices paid for goods and services are in line with local market prices
- Maintain procurementfiles with all relevant documentation and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Work with procurement committees to identify vendors to supply goods and services as per SRCS procurement procedures.
- Update and share status reports to concerned departments as required and follow up procurement requests as appropriate.
- Assist program staff to understand and adhere to SRCS’s procurement rules and regulations.
- Organize and facilitate capacity building programmes, including team building, mentoring and coaching staff in areas of procurement, logistics and travel operations.
Strategic Partnerships & Donor Relationships
- Maintain partnership and collaborative relations with strategic partners, donors, government, local authorities, and humanitarian actors to maximize support for humanitarian response.
- Represent SRCS in relevant conferences, seminars, workshops as well as meetings
- Participate in contract negotiations with suppliers, contractors and service providers and following up to ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled and are cost-effective
- Maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract and also ensure that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the SRSC Senior Management.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration,and/or Public Administration, Purchasing & Supplies and Economics.
Required Job Experience and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in procurement, supply chain, logistics, travel operations, contracting and thorough knowledge of donor procurement and reporting requirements preferably in a humanitarian organization
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage inter-group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high-ranking officials
- Remain calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- SRCS offers a contract of one year, renewable depending on both funding and performance.
- Salary and Benefits are according to SRCS terms of employment for national staff.
- Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send theirupdated CV and Cover letter with expect salaryto email@example.com before or on 22nd
- Please note SRCS has Zero-Tolerance for Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA)
- Applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered, Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2457 total views, 4 today