Program Assistant – Hargeisa
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:21 Jan 2020
- Share job:
|Location:Hargeisa, (with regional travel within Somaliland)||Duration:1 year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 6-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in South Central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (livestock, fisheries & horticulture) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. GEEL has been awarded Somali Youth Integrated Livelihoods. The goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of Somali youth by increasing their participation in the economy, as entrepreneurs, employers and employees resulting in increased self-reliance. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
The program Assistant will support the implementation of GEEL’s Agriculture Value Chain activities and Youth Task order (TO4) in Somaliland. S/he will work closely with M&E personnel to gather data for reporting, monitoring, evaluation and communications activities. She/he will spend most of their time in the field collecting data and market information, supervising and/or validating activities undertaken by GEEL and partner service providers contracted to undertake agriculture value chain development activities.
Program AssistantGeneral Responsibilities:
The duties include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare key procurement documents, such as the Request for Proposal/Quotes (RFP/Q), bid tabulation for technical review, and Local Purchase Order Template in collaboration with the Technical Team as appropriate;
- Develop bid evaluation criteria in collaboration with Technical Advisor/Requestor and user department as appropriate;
- Solicit, advertise, and communicate procurement requirements to potential offerors, vendors, and suppliers;
- Ensure the overall integrity of the procurement process through fair and open competition;
- In coordination with Finance, review invoices of suppliers/vendors to ensure expenses are in compliance with the local purchase order and/or agreement as applicable;
- Maintain procurement files locally;
- Provide necessary documentation to regional procurement for signatures when procurement values exceed $30,000;
- Document any material discrepancies upon receipt of goods and communicate with supplier for resolution and alert the Technical Team and Operations Lead as appropriate;
- Develop procurement plans aligned to project activities to ensure timely and consolidated procurements;
- Proactively qualify suppliers for goods and services relevant to the project and maintain an up-to-date qualified supplier worksheet or database;
- Collaborate with other project procurement teams in your country/region in qualifying suppliers for shared services and consolidate procurement where it adds value;
- Create and update procurement contracts following a competitively bid effort
- Maintain up-to-date contract worksheet or database to assist in review, re-negotiation, renewal, and termination of contracts as needed within the validity period;
- Review and document supplier performance with contracted suppliers within the contract period of performance;
- Perform closeout of completed procurement of services and goods;
- Organize events and trainings for TO4 and collaborate with training facilitators.
- Any other tasks or duties assigned by the supervisor.
The Position will report to the M&E Specialist based in Hargeisa, Somaliland and he/she will work with the other technical team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/Development Studies, or related.
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience for program work/ data collection
- Proven work experience as a field worker or similar role
- Experience and knowledge of donor-funded projects especially USAID
- Extensive experience in using excel spreadsheet or other data systems.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred
- Experience in data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Sharp time management skills
- Well-developed written and oral English and Somali language skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of team;
- Well-organized and able to perform effectively within tight deadlines;
- Hard-working, self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel throughout Somalia.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Application for Program Assistant
Deadline:by25, January 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3993 total views, 2 today