Program Coordinator – Gerbo, Somali Regional State Of Ethiopia
- Job category: Coordinator
- Post date:10 Jan 2022
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
Ärzte der Welt / Doctors of the World / Médecins Du Monde is a network of 16 humanitarian Non-Governmental organizations, working in health and medical aid in domestic and international projects. The focus lies on ensuring access to primary healthcare services, SRH / MCH services (incl. GBV) and psychosocial support. Furthermore, MdM is advocating for a universal access and rights to health services, especially for disadvantaged groups and people affected by crises and conflicts.
MdM has been working in Ethiopia since 1986, implementing different types of programmes from long-term interventions to emergency response. The current project in the Somali region by MdMGe is aiming to improve the access to and the quality of health care services (with a focus on sexual and reproductive health) and prevention of epidemics (incl. Covid-19) for the conflict and crisis affected population in two areas of the Region (Gerbo, Nogob Zone / Qoloji IDP Camp/ Fafaan Zone). Particular attention will be paid to the needs of women and girls by improving the access to SRH services, including GBV. Nutrition and WASH are integrated in this multi-sectoral approach and carried out by the local organisation OWDA (Organisation for Welfare and Development in Action).
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project objectives and participate actively in their implementation;
- Plan program activities in coordination with the team and ensure that activity timelines are met. In the event of serious delays in project implementation, to immediately inform the Field Coordinator and proposed solutions;
- Work in close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator to ensure the quality of the program and the services;
- Oversee an effective and efficient implementation of the health program activities in the designated Health Centers, Health Posts and in the community
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure supervision of MCH, SRH, pharmacy, and community activities and provide feedback;
- Ensure the availability of updated guidelines relevant to the activities in coordination with Medical Coordinator;
- Ensure compliance with objectives defined in the project proposal/s;
- Propose any revision or update of health activities when relevant with public health benefit or efficiency;
- Ensure proper archiving of all the documents, tools and training materials produced in the context of project/s and ensures the availability of the verification sources mentioned in the proposals;
- Participate in service mapping of health actors in MdM areas of operations, upon request from Field Coordinator;
- Gives input and participates in reporting to internal and external reports, including donor reports and in development of new proposals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local government officials and partners. More specifically ensure close collaboration with the Woreda Health Office and the Disaster Prevention and Preparedness Bureau (DPPB) representatives; and with other NGOs, donors, UN agencies, local government bodies;
- Produce monthly reports on project program achievements and with update analysis using regularly MdM online monitoring tool.
- Overseeing prudent utilization of project material resources under MdM’s disposition in order to ensure correct use and its longevity
- By being the line manager of the project team, he/she is final responsible for all orders (medical and logistical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, with the support of the LogCo, in order to ensure efficiency and early detection of deviations and its causes.
- Follow contextual development in the area of action and prepare an update for the monthly reporting of situation reports (SITREP) mainly for health situation update such as epidemics or displacement.
- Regularly update the Field Coordinator on security situation in the project area
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator to propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation, considering contextual and legal developments.
- Ensure the implementation of all programme activities in Gerbo
- Ensure coordination, monitoring and integration of the activities defined in the logical framework and with the different actors involved and team members
- Update follow-up tools and Monitool regularly.
- Represent MdM with partners, stakeholders and authority in relationship to the intervention inside the area of action.
- Under supervision of the Field Coordinator, follow up on negotiations with partners and authorities linked to program implementation
- Identify technical gaps and lead in the capacity building plan for partner and MdM team
- Maintaining a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial and activity reporting of partners.
- Take the leadership in revision of program activities based on needs and context
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings as requested.
- Participate to project and strategy planning meetings and provide inputs.
- Ensure operational support for partners and reporting any issues related to partner activities
- Lead in carrying out regular needs assessments, in case of upcoming needs or emergency situation requiring MdM’s engagement
- Participate in preparation of monthly sitrep and context report, providing information to the Field Coordinator
- Compiling monthly project activities report and submit to Field coordinator and Medical Coordinator
- Ensure completeness of monthly data
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities.
- Any other report requested by the line managers
Staff Management and capacity building:
- Provide overall management and supervision of the program team;
- Create a coordination mechanism specific for the program team to ensure quality and timely supervision;
- Ensures that MdM HR policies and guidelines are respected by the team (leaves, appraisals, code of conduct etc.);
- Contribute to the definition of the team set up and adjustment according to the human resources needs and report any HR needs to the field coordinator;
- Participate in the recruitment and induction process of the program team;
- Supervise and mentor staff under his direct management, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews;
- Report any HR issues to the Field Coordinator;
- Identify training needs, provide regular /on- job training and follow up.
- Ensure that both project and implementing partner staff receive appropriate and adequate training by mentoring and coaching them;
- Hold regular program team meetings and information sharing through a consultative leadership style and a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure;
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and MdM procedures
- Monitor programme related expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis
- Ensure the adherence of mdm and donor regulation
Line Manager: Field Coordinator
Functional reports: Medical Coordinator
Length of contract: 12 MONTHS(Possibility for extension)
- MSc degree in public health.
- Health/clinical training with 3 years’ experience in SRH programing or other related fields such as Nutrition and WASH
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with INGO in leadership positions
- Good working knowledge of the English language is essential
- Strong organizational skills in emergency situations and autonomous in daily operations
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Good communication skills
- Fully fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Showing flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability;
- Capacity to work and to live in a remote and isolated area
- Experience/knowledge of the Somali region is a plus.
- Should be fluent in English and Somali
How to Apply
To apply, please submit: a two-page curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one-page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above; copy of certificate/License (if applicable).
If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line. Send to email@example.com Deadline for submission: 22nd January 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are unable to accept phone calls.
Starting date: 1st Feb 2022
Place of office: Gerbo
Basic salary : 40,428.00
We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
Our processes of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
Please note that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
574 total views, 1 today