PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND FUNDRAISING OFFICER – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:23 Oct 2020
- Share job:
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND FUNDRAISING OFFICER
Job Title: Program Development and Fundraising Officer
Reports To: Country Director
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa (With travel to the project
Sites and offices in Somaliland)
I. WHO WE ARE
Horn of Africa Voluntary Youth Committee (HAVOYOCO) is a regional non-governmental, non-partisan, humanitarian organization, with its Head quarter in Hargeisa, and operational in the Horn of Africa. HAVOYOCO is also registered, operational, as sister organisations in USA and UK. HAVAYOCO was founded in 1992 and since its inception it has successfully implemented different development projects in Somaliland and Ethiopia. HAVAYOCO was initially set up with the aim of being a volunteer and learning institution and to address the needs of poor communities and marginalized groups in Somaliland.
HAVOYOCO’S vision is poverty free horn of Africa.
HAVOYOCO mission is to empower vulnerable communities in the Horn of Africa through motivation and capacity building so they can improve their standard of living.
II. DETAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a brief description of the role
Fundraising and resource mobilisation
- Prepare and Design project proposals, concept notes and expression of interest documents with HAVOYOCO country director and Programme Managers that meet the strategic focus of the organization and donor compliance
- Conduct Regular donor, stakeholder and funding situation Analysis of the country’s socio-economic situation, priorities’, needs and gaps
- explore new donors and funding opportunities for the organization that is relevant to organizational strategic priorities
- Develop annual income plan and budget jointly with Country Director and SMT
- Establish, lead and monitor an up-to-date country funding strategy including delivery targets and approached of implementation
- Ensure good quality and timely information is fed back to the country Programme
- Oversee changing dynamics
- Research and analyse changing environment and donor relationships in country and the region
Coordination and information sharing
- Ensure effective co-ordination and information flows with country teams/SMT
- Co-ordinate and manage processes for key funding opportunities in country.
- Support Country Director and SMT to ensure that context updates gathered and shared with country programs in coordination with MEAL and Program teams,.
- Immediately respond all inputs and recommendations raised by HAVOYOCO’s partners and donors in timely manner
- Support and Ensure the quality assurance of HAVOYOCO Annual and Quarterly narratives reports
- Prepares/contributes various reports, documents, information products and communications (e.g. timeline quarterly reports, annual and bi-annual reports, etc.)
- Analyse and provide advice to the programmes & departments manager on the funding policies and requirements of different donors,
- Ensure sign-off of donor proposals, reports and contracts are done as per organisational and donor policies
- An academic degree in social sciences, development studies, Economics or any other equivalent degree
- Minimum of5-9 years of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Significant experience in managing donor contracts and fundraising activities, in particular from institutional donors, such as ECHO, DFID, AusAID, UN agencies etc.;
- Strong numeracy and financial skills, particularly in developing budgets, financial management/monitoring and reporting;
- Sound understanding of Program Cycle Management in emergencies and/or development environments;
- Good written skills with proven ability to develop and present proposals and donor reports, for both internal and external audiences;
- A broad understanding of INGO programming and donor relations;
- Information management and IT skills
- High level of analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Key performance indicators
- Achieved organisational goals and donor deliverables
- Number of proposals, concept notes and Expression of Interests (EoI) documents submitted in timely manner with expected qualities
- Number of successful rate of proposals and concept notes
- Successful timely reporting with quality benchmarks
A competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package. Contract Duration will be one year with possibility of extension. Duty station will be Hargeisa, Somaliland All employees of HAVOYOCO should be able to adhere to HAVOYOCO’s Code of Conduct and the organizational CORE values
How to Apply
To apply, please send your application documents (Cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday November 7th , 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1743 total views, 7 today