Program Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:15 Jul 2021
- Share job:
University of Hargeisa
Legal Aid Clinic
|Position title||Program Manager|
|Report to||Legal Aid Clinic Executive Director|
|Duty station||Hargiesa, with frequent travel to project locations|
|Number of positions||1|
|Issue Date||14 July 2021|
|Closing date||21 July 2021|
About Legal Aid Clinic (LAC)
University of Hargeisa Legal aid clinic (LAC) was established in 2002 and became operational in 2003. The organization has remarkably embarked on substantial achievement to meet its destined objective in relation to serving for poor persons living in the boundary of Somaliland to protect rights and freedoms of vulnerable groups including but not limited to women, children, elderly people, and internally displaced persons. LAC is an autonomous non-profit, non-governmental, entity affiliated with University of Hargeisa which is the leading and largest higher academic institution in Somaliland. LAC has lawyers and paralegals operate to support low-income people who are seeking for legal aid. LAC’s mission is to be the leading provider of quality legal aid and legal education services.
About the Programme
LAC is implementing a the sub project that aims to work with ADR centers by empowering traditional leaders to properly solve cases on the basis of community will and preference. The project aims to strengthen the social contracts in Togdheer, Sool and Sanaag regions of Somaliland through establishing ADR Centres. The project will give priority for serving the most vulnerable people within the society including women, girls and SGBV survivors through providing health, psychosocial and legal support.
With funds from The Government of the Kingdom of Netherlands, through IDLO’s consortium leadership, LAC is in partnership with IDLO and other implementing partners to implement a project in Somaliland entitled “Strengthening the Social Contract through Access to Justice in Somaliland.”
The purpose of this project is to strengthen the social contract in Somaliland, by increasing the legitimacy of justice sector institutions. This overall goal will be achieved through three mutually reinforcing objectives: (1) to Improve access to alternative dispute resolution mechanisms and referral pathways, especially for vulnerable groups (2) to Enhance access to formal justice for vulnerable groups through holistic support to GBV survivors and affected communities, and (3) to Increase participation of citizens in Somaliland in accountability processes relating to the provision of security and justice.
About the position:
Under the direct supervision of the LAC Director, the Program Manager will engage programme consortium and partner members to manage the implementation LAC cooperative agreement (CA) with IDLO. The CA falls under the Strengthening the Social Contract through Access to Justice Project in Somaliland
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the establishment of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Burao, LasAnod and Erigavo.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (MoJ, judges, prosecutors, medical and psychosocial service providers, etc.)
- Supervise and mentor project staff including lawyers and paralegals.
- Responsible for donor reporting and documentation.
- Conduct field visits and monitoring of ADR Center staff including lawyers and paralegals.
- Oversight the project financial and budgeting.
- Lead the training of paralegals and other ADR Center Staff
- Responsible with day-to-day execution of program activities
- Lead and provide inputs to programme annual and quarterly reports; coordinate the submission of financial and narrative reports;
- University degree in law, social work, or similar field. Advanced degree is an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing justice and legal related programs.
- Experience in legal service provision or community engagement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience engaging with the justice sector and/or civil society in Somaliland.
- Experience in managing budgeting and programing in justice related programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the rule of law in preventing and protecting vulnerable members of the community.
- Knowledge and familiarity with informal justice and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms; and specialized experience in SGBV laws and IDP Rights.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
Interested candidates should submit their updated CVs, copies of certificates, recommendation letter, and cover later (in one document) to email@example.com not later than 21 July 2021.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1050 total views, 1 today