Program Manager – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:7 Jun 2021
- Share job:
Center for Research & Dialogue
June 6, 2021
The Centre for Research & Dialogue (CRD) is an independent not-for-profit organization, established in January 2000, registered local NGO in Somalia with the to promote the social, economic & political rebuilding of Somalia. The Centre utilises Participatory Research method as a means to facilitate processes of dialogue, consensus building, policy development and institutional capacity building at the national and local levels.
CRD with partnership with FCA and EISA is implementing the second phase of the project “Strengthening local governance structures for more accountable and inclusive Federal Member States in support of the Wadajir National Framework”
CRD is seeking a highly motivated candidate to fill the position of Programme Manager in our rapidly growing organization:
Job title: Program Manager
Department / Unit: Programmes
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia with frequent travels to other field locations within Somalia.
Duration: From July 1st, 2021, until June 30st 2022 (One year contract with probable extension)
Supervisor: Executive Director.
- Other reporting responsibilities and internal cooperation parties: Project Managers, Finance Unit, Procurements Manager.
Primary purpose of the position: Programme Manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme. They will develop and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project within it
- The Programme Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the whole of the proposed change, co-ordination of the programme’s projects and management of their inter-dependencies
- Support managers to prepare timely and high-quality progress reports, programme reports, and donor reports in a manner to allow review and consolidation efficiently.
- Planningand designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the programme’s governance arrangements
- managing the programme’s budget and monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Assess strengths and areas for opportunity in the CRD thematic sectors and determine the potential for other CRD projects
- Oversee, as necessary, preparation of timely and high-quality project progress reports, program reports, and donor reports.
- Ensure programmes are implemented in response to the communities, in line with CRD principles, values and strategic plan and following CRD compliance procedures. This includes working with government and national NGO-partners to strengthen national capacity.
- Managing communicationswith all stakeholders
- Strengthen, develop, and optimise both existing and new partnership opportunities and lead partnership assessment mission. Identify and source partnership opportunities
- Grants management by ensuring reporting schedules, guidelines and other requirements are met as per CRD internal and contractual obligations
- Monitor and ensure the technical and financial quality of the on-going program and its compliance with CRD and/or Institutional Donors guidelines
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Participate and actively engage in coordination meetings relevant to the program
- Provide input in the planning of CRD’s development and humanitarian projects and ensure respective project Managers contribute proposal writing.
- Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as international relations, international development, humanitarian assistant and etc.
- Minimum five years field working experience of managing multi-donors’ programmes
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Previous experience working in emergency or post-conflict contexts
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
- Fluency in English and Somali (oral and written)
Please send an application letter and CV by email with a subject title “Programme Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 June 2021 at 5:00 pm local time.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2055 total views, 6 today