Program Officer – Bossaso
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:1 Jun 2020
- Share job:
CARE INTERNATIONAL IN SOMALIA
Position: Program Officer – (Regreening Africa Project)
Duty Station: Bossaso
CARE is an International NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance. CARE is looking for suitable candidate to fill the position of Program Officer (PO) for the Regreening Africa Project based in Bossaso with frequent travel to project areas.
The Program Officer is responsible for the project implementation and contribution to the effective implementation of the Reversing Land degradation by Scaling-up Evergreen Agriculture and Other RWP Projects by working closely with the beneficiaries, local authorities, partners and CARE staff working in the area. He/She will facilitate the smooth running of the day to day project implementation including but not limited to engage and mobilize communities on FMNR, closely working with nurseries, coordinating with the Ministry of Environment, training farmers and other stakeholders and conducting farmers’ field school days.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities: – 50%
R1. Project Planning and Implementation:
- Prepare a detailed monthly action plan in every month and share it with the SPO for final review and approval. Identify clearly the specific problems to be addressed by the action and the perceived needs and constraints of the target groups and particular how the action will provide the desired solutions.
- Mobilize and engage communities in establishing FMNR sites and ensure all appropriate measures are taken by the community to restore land through FMNR.
- Develop and monitor adherence of community based implementation plans by ensuring effective household participation in the implementation of project activities.
- In collaboration with the Senior Program Officer, support and supervise the community activities towards FMNR sites establishment and regeneration with a specific focus on the standardized FMNR methods and approaches.
R2. Project monitoring and Documentation 30%
- Regularly collect data on the quantitative progress of the project and the qualitative achievement of indicators.
- Prepare and document success stories on project sites
- In liaison with the Senior Program Officer, facilitate surveys, monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Documentation of village level FMNR groups and other target groups with their essential personal details
- Update data on the Regreening Africa App and be the project focal point for ICRAF for archiving data in the application
R3. Personnel, Management and Administration 10%
- Ensure adherence to the budgetary, logistical, human resource and other administrative issues of his/her base in collaboration with the Senior Program Officer, Administration/Project manager but not limited to
- Administration /maintenance of CARE properties in line with the policy manual assigned to you.
- Manage, utilize and account appropriately project finances under your custody i.e. project advances.
- Assist the Senior Program Officer in planning, coordinating and implementation of project activities.
R4. Reporting and representation 10%
- Ensure a good flow of information and good communication between field and CARE Office.
- Submit activity reports / monthly update to the Senior Project Officer.
- Maintain project visibility as required by the donor at all times.
- Participate in relevant networking forums and other CARE organized functions as called upon by the SPO and PM.
R5. Other Responsibilities:
Perform any other duties as may be deemed relevant and necessary by the Project Manager/ senior project officer.
- Contacts/Key Relationships/Collaboration:
The incumbent of this position will be answerable to the Senior Program Officer. Close coordination will also be required to:
- Project Manager
- Work closely with Village committees, FMNR committees, Farmers
- Ministry of Environment regional representatives at project site.
- Authority: The PO shall report to the SPO.
- Working Conditions: The position is based in Bosaso but a significant amount of time (50%) is expected to be spent in the field.
- The Project officer is responsible of all assigned activities for Regreening Africaselected sites and will share any developments with the SPO and the PM.
- A Bachelors degree in Environmental planning and management, Natural Resource Management (NRM), Dryland Management or Community Development is preferred. Relevant social science degrees will be considered.
- At least three years solid experience in environment, resilience and livelihoods programing in an international NGO.
- Demonstrated understanding of community engagement/participation techniques and principles
- Excellent report writing skills is mandatory
- Excellent team building and team work skills
- Excellent facilitation and Training of Trainers (TOT) skills.
- Proficiency in both Somali and English
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs in one PDF Document to SOM.PuntlandRecruitment@care.org latest by 15 June 2020 Please indicate “Project Officer for Regreening Africa Project” as the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3863 total views, 5 today