Program Officer, ERMS – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:21 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
Position Title: Program Officer, ERMS
|Duty Station: Mogadishu (Roving when necessary)|
|Position Category: Full-time|
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps has been present in Somalia since 2005, responding to emergency needs stemming from conflict and displacement, while continuing work to build more resilient, peaceful, and productive communities in Puntland, Somaliland, Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Banadir Regional Administration, South-West and Jubbaland States. The current country situation is seeing an increase of emergency activities resulted by recurrent floods, drought and the insecurity around life-saving food, water, hygiene programs coupled with ongoing humanitarian programs around economic opportunity and development, youth & education, and reintegration of returnees.
General Position Summary
The Program Officer – ERMS is a member of SEAM Program – Somalia Emergency Assistance and Early Market Recovery (SEAM II) Program, funded by The US Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA), working under the supervision of the Program Team Lead. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality program interventions (including WASH; Agriculture, Livestock and Food Security) with a Market System lens within the SEAM program. The Program Officer – ERMS shall be required to provide all the required technical and follow up supports during the implementation of the agreed interventions within Mercy Corps and by the implementing partners. Working under the supervision of the ERMS specialist, s/he shall ensure all the facilitation related to the development of the enterprise market systems (both the start-up and growing/expanding enterprise are in line with the approach of Making Market Works for Poor approach. The officer shall also be required work closely and collaborate with other technical team members – particularly with the sectoral specialists and officers whenever required. S/he will have to show full adherence to Mercy Corps procedures and security protocols.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Project Team Lead in the development of annual activity and procurement work plans as well as budgets based on expected year-end outputs, and assist in the close monitoring of activities and disbursements.
- Apply Mercy corps programming tools and policies as explained in the Results Management Guide. Keep abreast of MC programming practices and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning.
- Contribute to the wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements. Support mechanisms for exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local and national levels.
- Archive the beneficiary lists and reports in hard copies in appropriately labeled files
- Work with the Program Team Lead to track that task-based monitoring is performed, according to the activity schedule;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the line manager or Mercy Corps in general.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: NONE
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Administratively Reports to Program Team Lead and technically to ERMS Specialist
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
Other program staff, finance officer, logistics officer, human resources and administration officers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant qualification in the field of the non-profit entities and ability to be multitasked and experience in working effectively with minimum supervision.
- At least three years of work experience with an NGO in a similar capacity, one operating in South Central Somalia will be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the Somalia legal and tax system regarding NGO operation is desired.
- Experience in dealing with people, directly and make them understand the processes
- At least 3 years’ direct experience in relevant working areas (technical support to project activities implementation, working with stakeholders, market development, etc.);
- Experience in marketing, business development and access to finance; public and private sector development;
- Very good professional experience in market systems development and facilitation; experience in facilitating stakeholders’ engagement including assessment of incentives and capacity (attributes and gaps), specifically facilitating private sector involvement.
- Very good knowledge on enterprise business development policies, procedures including range of business support services such as BDS, financing, sales and marketing;
- Very good understanding of range of enterprises development opportunities; strong networking, partnership and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partners and the private sector;
- Computer proficiency in MS word, excel, and power point is required.
- Commitment to local capacity building and the ability to engage local stakeholders in program design and implementation.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and keeps to deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Somali people’s culture and political set up.
- Strong team player and effective communicator.
- Willing to interact effectively with international and national personnel and other partners.
All interested candidates both internally and externally are encouraged to apply for this position and submit their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) through https://www.mercycorps.org/careers/national only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mercy Corps is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. Mercy Corps has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with A Mercy Corps will be expected to sign organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applications: 29July, 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1406 total views, 1 today