Program Officer – Jowhar, Somalia
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:21 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
Position Title: Program Officer
|Duty Station: Jowhar|
|Position Category: Full-time|
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps has been present in Somalia since 2005, responding to emergency needs stemming from conflict and displacement, while continuing work to build more resilient, peaceful, and productive communities in Puntland, Somaliland, Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Banadir Regional Administration, South-West and Jubbaland States. The current country situation is seeing an increase of emergency activities resulted by recurrent floods, drought and the insecurity around life-saving food, water, hygiene programs coupled with ongoing humanitarian programs around economic opportunity and development, youth & education, and reintegration of returnees.
General Position Summary
The Program Officer is a member of SEAM Program – Somalia Emergency Assistance and Early Market Recovery (SEAM II) Program, funded by The US Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA), working under the supervision of the Program Team Lead. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality program interventions (including WASH; Agriculture, Livestock and Food Security; and Economic Recovery & Market System) across multiple grants; engaging actively with the cluster coordination mechanisms locally and nationally. The position includes developing tools for planning, assessment and intervention monitoring; building community participation into project design and implementation; ensuring design of high quality interventions and their implementation designing training modules and delivering trainings for Mercy Corps’ staff, and designing and supervising baseline and end line surveys. The project Officer is overall responsible for the day today implementation of the SEAM II project activities; lead internal and external coordination at local level; build local authority and community relationship; lead in community mobilization, studies and dissemination of information to communities; lead in developing area-level monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports and ensure 4W matrices for each sector are completed and shared with the respective cluster focal persons and in this case sector specialists. S/he will have to show full adherence to Mercy Corps procedures and security protocols.
Essential Job Functions
- Be the focal person for Mercy Corps in Jowhar District for the SEAM Program and therefore coordinate any other functions that require representation of the organization.
- Assist the Project Team Lead in the development of annual activity and procurement work plans as well as budgets based on expected year-end outputs, and assist in the close monitoring of activities and disbursements.
- Apply Mercy corps programming tools and policies as explained in the Results Management Guide. Keep abreast of MC programming practices and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning.
- Contribute to the wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements. Support mechanisms for exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local and national levels.
- Archive the beneficiary lists and reports in hard copies in appropriately labeled files
- Work with the Program Team Lead to track that task-based monitoring is performed, according to the activity schedule;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the line manager or Mercy Corps in general.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: NONE
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Program Team Lead
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
Other program staff, finance officer, logistics officer, human resources and administration officers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant qualification in the field of the non-profit entities and ability to be multitasked and experience in working effectively with minimum supervision.
- At least three years of work experience with an NGO in a similar capacity, one operating in Jowhar will be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the Somalia legal and tax system regarding NGO operation is desired.
- Experience in dealing with people, directly and make them understand the processes
- Commitment to local capacity building and the ability to engage local stakeholders in program design and implementation.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and keeps to deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Somali people’s culture and political set up.
- Strong team player and effective communicator.
- Willing to interact effectively with international and national personnel and other partners.
All interested candidates both internally and externally are encouraged to apply for this position and submit their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) through https://www.mercycorps.org/careers/national only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mercy Corps is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. Mercy Corps has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with A Mercy Corps will be expected to sign organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applications: 29July, 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1318 total views, 2 today