Program Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:2 Jun 2021
- Share job:
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
Position Title: Program Officer
Position Location: Mogadishu Somalia, with frequent travel to Regions within Southern Somalia.
Employment Term: Life of the Project
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Somalia Bar Ama Baro program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The Program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
The core function of this position is to implement program activities at the community level under the USAID- funded, Accelerated Quality Learning for Somali Children and Youth program. The Regional Project officer will lead all the project planning and implementation activities within program targeted communities around educational center, ensuring the participation of community members in decision making, as well as project key messages. Part of this role will include supporting community mobilization activities on the field level, providing coordination, reporting and monitoring on the component deliverables towards achieving the program objectives.
- Work closely with Program Coordinator in defining the project scope and in development of the work breakdown structure, to facilitate decision making for project implementation through Partners.
- Support BAB implementing partners and update the project team on the progress in the field
- Assist with the preparation of the project implementation plan. And other key documents to support with partners.
- Assist with the communications, feedback monitoring and evaluation framework`s effectiveness and establish facilitation role for project start up under the guidance for Regional Project coordinator.
- Lead community mobilization approach design, development, and implementation in coordination with the respective district authorities, clan leaders, religious leaders and elders at district level.
- To monitor community mobilization activity performance in the field with reference to indicators including increased community awareness, increased enrolment of program target groups of children to programme supported centres.
- To provide regular updates and report to Program coordinator on the progress of implementation.
- Carryout Community outreach to develop relations in the targeted districts
- Perform any other activities as may be requested by the Project Senior Management.
Reporting & Supervision: The Program officer will report to the Program Coordinator and have line management with Deputy Chief of Party and BAB technical team.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in social science, development Studies, Education or related field.
- Knowledge of current national and international strategies on access, equity, and quality education policies and models.
- Minimum three (3) year of experience in Project officer specifically Community Mobilization role with highly demanding activities.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners.
- Ability to write quality narrative reports
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Must be able to engage positively and productively with a diverse population of team members, stakeholder and government counterparts.
- Experience working on donor funded projects, USAID experience preferred.
- Must be professionally fluent in written and spoken Somali language.
- Must have a valid Somali passport, or at least valid Somali national ID card and work permit, or obtain within 90-days of contract signing, to facilitate living and working in Somali and work- related travel throughout BAB Program area of implementation.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for Program Officer – Mogadishu Somalia
Deadline 15th June 2021.
Only selected candidate will be contacted.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2605 total views, 7 today