Programme Advisor -Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) – Somalia
|Title||Programme Advisor -Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER)|
|Reporting to||Program Manager|
|Workstation||Based in Somalia (100%) with extensive travel to project locations within Somalia|
|Experience level||A minimum of five (05) years’ experience leading programming, monitoring and evaluation functions of an international NGO or donor organization at country level, preferably in Somalia.|
|Degree required||Essential: Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Information management systems plus a Postgraduate training in Monitoring & Evaluation.
Desirable: MA or MSc M&E; MA in Development Evaluation.
|Contract Period||1 year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance review|
- INTRODUCTION OF NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID – NCA
Norwegian Church Aid is an independent humanitarian and ecumenical organization with headquarters in Oslo, Norway. Norwegian Church Aid works together with people and organizations across the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. NCA provides emergency assistance in disasters and works for long-term development in local communities. In order to address the root causes of poverty, NCA advocates for just decisions by public authorities, business and religious leaders. We help those whose needs are greatest, regardless of ethnicity, creed, political or religious affiliation.
NCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, one of the world’s largest humanitarian alliances, with presence in over 130 countries. The alliance consists of church-based organisations throughout the world and cooperates with organisations across religious faiths. We are now seeking an engaged colleague who will work with us “Together for a just world”.
NCA has been operating in Somalia since 1993. NCA Somalia’s country strategy 2020-2024 covers five thematic areas: Climate Resilient Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (CRWASH), Gender Based Violence (GBV), Peace Building, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment and Education for Sustainable Development (PB). NCA works in Jubaland State, Puntland State and Banadir Regional Administration.
- GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
NCA is seeking a Programme Advisor – Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER), the position exists to provide leadership and coordination in the Design, Documentation, Monitoring, Learning, Accountability and Evaluation of NCA programmes and associated projects implemented by NCA and partners in Somalia in compliance with NCA and donor requirements and standards. This includes: providing technical guidance to PMER Officers, supporting or leading assessments, baselines, monitoring, Reflection and learning, evaluations, updating and maintenance of NCA Somalia Program information management systems (PIMS) for the country office and programmes, providing technical support to M&E processes as required by other thematic programmes, quality assurance on all PMER processes and tracking key CO Strategy and program indicators for each of NCAs thematic areas, ensure a functional PIMS for Somalia CO, maintenance of standardized PMER tools and processes to ensure accurate and reliable data collection, validation, storage, analysis and consolidation in appropriate formats and timely reporting in compliance with NCA and donor requirements; and ensure PMER capacity building for NCA staff and Partners.
Establish and maintain standardized PMER tools and processes at all levels to ensure accurate and reliable data collection including its storage, validation, analysis, consolidation in appropriate formats and timely reporting in compliance with NCA and donor requirements
- Leadership, Coordination and Collaboration
- Provide proactive and clear functional leadership and guidance on PMER to PMER Officer, Programme Advisors and SMT across NCA programmes
- Coordinate the development and implementation of country office level PMER calendar of major PMER events, practices, reflection and learning in collaboration with PMER officers and HO M&E counterpart
- Participate in PMER Global and CO level PMER events including representing NCA Somalia Programme in key PMER stakeholder meetings when required to enhance cooperation and coordination
- Develop and maintain an effective cross-functional working relationship for PMER teams and other functions/sectors.
- Participate effectively in PMER networks, practitioners and learning/research institutions to access, research, evaluate and promote the best available external practices and resources in PMER to NCA programmes and partners
- Maintain close working relationships with NCA and partner M&E focal point persons for effectiveness in PMER
- Assessment, Design and Planning- provide technical guidance and leadership for field based assessments, context monitoring and new project designs
- Lead and support assessments, context monitoring and operational research for contextual understanding for identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources, deciding feasibility and as a basis for setting priorities for re-planning existing programs and developing new programs and projects
- Lead the program and technical teams in the development of design documents and logical frameworks that prioritize needs established through assessments and secondary data analysis.
- Support programmes to identify funding opportunities and coordinate development and submission of concept notes and proposals
- Assist with the design of exit strategies, and monitor progress of transition through achievement of activities
- Assist all programs to develop, implement and monitor progress of transition plans in order to assure sustainability of NCA supported programs in Somalia.
- Organize and coordinate programme and partner planning and review meetings and guide staff and partners in the development of annual plans and budgets for the MFA and Norad multi-year programmes
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting – take lead in programme related surveys, baselines, reviews, evaluations and reporting
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system consistent with the NCA PMER framework and Evaluation policy and in conformity with standards of key donors & responsible governments.
- Develop and regularly review M&E plans as necessary to ensure consistency and standard data collection and in accordance with programme goals and objectives
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on logframes,
- Ensure effective monitoring of all programme and projects and ensure regular reporting as per project agreements with partners and donors
- Undertake annual outcome monitoring of programmes with a focus on prioritized indicators for purposes of annual reporting and tracking progress towards the country office strategy
- Ensure programs and projects are reviewed and evaluated in line with NCA and donor policies and standards
- Responsible for the compilation of annual reports, ensuring all donor and internal reports are submitted on time and of acceptable quality.
- Evidence, Learning and reflection
- Ensure an annual evidence and learning day for Somalia program is conducted
- Document key findings and lessons from project monitoring, evaluations and operations audits and disseminate for organizational learning and decision making.
- Gather relevant information regarding best practices to program design, monitoring and evaluation from within and outside NCA and share it with field staff and partners to facilitate organizational learning and experience sharing.
- Document and disseminate case studies, lessons learned and best practices
- Digitization and data quality
- Lead strategic thinking and planning in relation to integration of the management information system (MIS) and application of M&E data.
- Develop the quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of data and information.
- Ensure at all times updated data (qualitative and quantitative) for NCA Somalia programmes and projects management) are maintained in PIMS
- Actively contribute to programme development including digitization and innovation
- Collaborate with HO and ensure NCA social media both internal and external are regularly updated with content from NCA Somalia to enhance the visibility of the programme
- Program / Humanitarian Accountability – to affected populations (AAP)
- Ensure NCA Somalia has a functional Humanitarian Accountability system through supporting coordination of efforts for the implementation of Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and other NCA policy commitments in the country office
- Act as a Country Office focal point for Community Response and feedback Mechanism (CRM) and ensure proper documentation. The Advisor will as a routine analyze community feedback, generate trend reports, and capture lessons learnt and best practice for internal and external learning as well as use in future designs.
- Spearhead the implementation of strategies to achieve improvement in community engagement, information-sharing, community participation, complaints and feedback mechanisms by supporting the programme teams to develop contextualized complaint and response mechanism to improve accountability to affected populations (AAP), as well as current project implementation and future programming conform to common humanitarian quality standards (CHS).
- Monitor adherence of NCA and partner projects and programs to Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Staff and Partner Capacity Building
- Responsible for ensuring monitoring of NCA and partner activities in various project locations in Somalia as required and their mainstreaming within all the programmes (WASH, GBV, Education and Economic Empowerment)
- Lead in the overall documentation of partner contributions to program goals and learning processes for NCA Somalia Programme including digitization and innovation to ensure a continuous cycle of learning and development
- Responsible for strengthening the capacities of NCA Somalia programme staff and partners on PMER related tasks
- Any other duty assigned to you by your line manager(s)
- Any other duty that may be assigned to you from time to time by your line manager or management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant should hold at a minimum a bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields of study:
- Essential: Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Information management systems plus a Postgraduate training in Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Desirable: MA or MSc M&E; MA in Development Evaluation.
- Additional training in GIS, data analysis using Stata, SPSS, Epi Info , ENVIVO for qualitative data, use of mobile data collection applications such as Kobo, ODK is required
- At least five (05) years’ experience leading programming, monitoring and evaluation functions of an international NGO or donor organization at country level.
- Comprehensive understanding and working experience of monitoring and evaluation in development, advocacy and humanitarian emergency affairs approaches.
- Extensive experience and recognized expertise in the full range of evaluation theories, models and tools, and ability to adapt, contextualized and apply appropriately to all project scenarios
- Proven track record as a trainer and capacity builder in PMER using a wide variety of training methods, facilitation and capacity building strategies.
- High-level expertise in Results-Based management, Logical Framework Analysis, and Result-Based Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Good understanding and experience in Management Information Systems
- Professionally and emotionally mature and able to provide guidance to diverse staff and partners.
- Experience of working in MEAL sector in Somalia
Core Values and Critical Competencies
- Personal initiative.
- Team player.
- Proactive and reliable.
- Presentable, friendly, patient, persistent and firm.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and work with limited on-site supervision.
- Ability to assess situations critically.
- The position holder will be subject to multi-directional demands and should be able to manage their time effectively.
- The job requires the holder to be available beyond the official working hours.
- Occasional tasks/travel may expose the position holder to risks.
How to Apply
Applicants, who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should submit an application letter indicating current and expected remuneration, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of their certificates and any other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th May 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NCA is an equal opportunity employer and women, people with disabilities, and those from marginalized backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Only Somali nationals are eligible to apply
—– JOIN SOMALIJOBS FACEBOOK GROUP: —-
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2334 total views, 26 today