Programme Officer: Economic Empowerment and Livelihood – Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:10 Apr 2021
- Share job:
|Title||Programme Officer: Economic Empowerment and Livelihood|
|Reporting to||Economic Empowerment Advisor|
|Workstation||Based in Puntland, Somalia (100%) with extensive travel to project locations within Somalia|
|Experience level||A minimum of three (03) years’ experience in programming, monitoring and evaluation functions of an international NGO or donor organization, preferably in Somalia.|
|Degree required||Degree in Community Development, Entrepreneurship, Livelihoods, Food security or any other closely related qualification.|
|Contract Period||1 year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance review|
Norwegian Church Aid is an independent humanitarian and ecumenical organization with headquarters in Oslo, Norway. Norwegian Church Aid works together with people and organizations across the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. NCA provides emergency assistance in disasters and works for long-term development in local communities. In order to address the root causes of poverty, NCA advocates for just decisions by public authorities, business and religious leaders. We help those whose needs are greatest, regardless of ethnicity, creed, political or religious affiliation.
NCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, one of the world’s largest humanitarian alliances, with presence in over 130 countries. The alliance consists of church-based organisations throughout the world and cooperates with organisations across religious faiths. We are now seeking an engaged colleague who will work with us “Together for a just world”.
NCA has been operating in Somalia since 1993. NCA Somalia’s country strategy 2020-2024 covers five thematic areas: Climate Resilient Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (CRWASH), Gender Based Violence (GBV), Peace Building, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment and Education for Sustainable Development (PB).
NCA is seeking a highly qualified and motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position.
Purpose of Position:
To support the Puntland Area Coordinator and Economic Empowerment Advisor to effectively plan, implement, monitor and report on the Economic Empowerment Projects in Puntland region as detailed in the annual plan and 5-year Country strategy.
- Support efficient delivery of the Climate Smart Economic Programme (CSEE) by participating in the planning, implementing and reporting.
- Contribute to development of proposals.
- Create synergies with other NCA Programmes ( WASH ,GBV, Peace Building and Education)
- Plan and implement all project activities as per the approved proposal and NCA’s policies and procedures.
- Build relationships with small producers, agro pastoral communities, farmers groups, riverine communities and local administration to introduce the project and facilitate access to information related to project activities and scope.
- Support Puntland Area Coordinator and CSEE Advisor in conducting periodic needs assessment related to livelihood and food security of the target groups.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the community leaders and the local authorities in the project area.
- Mobilize communities in the project area to participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project.
- Promote community participation through establishment of community linkages that recognize positive contribution to program interventions.
- Work closely with the PMER officer to regularly update all project monitoring tools while keeping accurate records of the same.
- Responsible for the identification, selection and registration of all project beneficiaries based on the approved criteria.
- Closely monitor grants disbursement to project beneficiaries as well as the performance of grant recipients.
- Conduct monitoring of Economic Empowerment activities implemented by NCA and partners in Gedo.
- In liaison with the Puntland Area Coordinator, CSEE Advisor and partners, prepare work plans for efficient and timely implementation of the project activities.
- Maintain up to date records of information of all project beneficiaries for follow ups and reporting.
- Compile timely and regular progress and final reports and submit to the CSEE Advisor.
- Participate in field level inter agency coordination meetings e.g. Food Security Cluster and other relevant coordination forums.
- Monitor field security situation and keep staff and management updated on developments.
- Contribute to an environment of creativity and innovation in the Economic Empowerment Programme
- Support other sector programs when need arises.
- University Degree in Community Development, Entrepreneurship, Livelihoods, Food security or any other closely related qualification.
- At least 5 years proven experience implementing Economic recovery programs with particular focus in enterprise development, Vocational skills training, Value chain development preferably in Somalia.
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, trainings monitoring of programs and reporting of activities will be required.
- Experience Cash Based Programming.
- Knowledge and experience working in conflict areas
- Working Knowledge on Results Based Management (RBM), Do No Harm (DNH) and Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in both English and Somali required).
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, EXCEL spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team.
- Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Puntland region of Somalia.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Excellent spoken and written English
Applicants, who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should submit an application letter indicating current and expected remuneration, a detailed C.V. and copies of their certificates and any other supporting documents to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th May 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
NCA is an equal opportunity employer and women, people with disabilities, and those from marginalized backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Only Somali nationals are eligible to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3198 total views, 25 today