Programme Officer-Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) – Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:10 Apr 2021
- Share job:
|Title||Programme Officer-Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER)|
|Reporting to||PMER Advisor|
|Workstation||Based in Puntland, Somalia (100%) with extensive travel to project locations within Somalia|
|Experience level||A minimum of three (03) years’ experience in programming, monitoring and evaluation functions of an international NGO or donor organization, preferably in Somalia.|
|Degree required||Degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Information management systems or relevant field|
|Contract Period||1 year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance review|
- INTRODUCTION OF NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID – NCA
Norwegian Church Aid is an independent humanitarian and ecumenical organization with headquarters in Oslo, Norway. Norwegian Church Aid works together with people and organizations across the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. NCA provides emergency assistance in disasters and works for long-term development in local communities. In order to address the root causes of poverty, NCA advocates for just decisions by public authorities, business and religious leaders. We help those whose needs are greatest, regardless of ethnicity, creed, political or religious affiliation.
NCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, one of the world’s largest humanitarian alliances, with presence in over 130 countries. The alliance consists of church-based organisations throughout the world and cooperates with organisations across religious faiths. We are now seeking an engaged colleague who will work with us “Together for a just world”.
NCA has been operating in Somalia since 1993. NCA Somalia’s country strategy 2020-2024 covers five thematic areas: Climate Resilient Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (CRWASH), Gender Based Violence (GBV), Peace Building, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment and Education for Sustainable Development (PB). NCA works in Jubaland State, Puntland State and Banadir Regional Administration.
- GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The core responsibility is to support Program monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions in NCA program locations. This includes supporting or leading assessments, baselines, monitoring, learning and reflection and evaluations, updating and maintenance of NCA Somalia Program information management systems (PIMS) for projects assigned, providing technical support to M&E processes as required by the team and supervising data entry and analysis and tracking key program indicators for each of NCAs thematic areas, support the establishment and maintenance of standardized PMER tools and processes at all levels to ensure accurate and reliable data collection, validation, storage, analysis and consolidation in appropriate formats and timely reporting in compliance with NCA and donor requirements.
- Field based assessment, context monitoring and new project designs
- Spearhead context monitoring and assessments to inform new program development
- Support proposal development processes by providing inputs to the Results Frame, M&E work plans and targets.
- Planning – ensure improved, efficient & effective program monitoring, evaluation and reporting (PMER) processes
- Support the development of responsive and appropriate PMER plans, systems and database which integrate the cross-cutting targets and results across all programmes.
- Ensure that the cross-cutting themes such as gender, disability, conflict, environment, human rights, UNSCR 1325 are integrated in the partners’ PMER plans and systems.
- Ensure efficient and effective methods and tools for data collection such as Kobo collect are operationalized
- Plan for outcome monitoring and generate real time data for program reporting
- Ensure the M&E and reporting calendar is developed, updated regularly and key M&E events shared with all staff.
- Support the on-boarding and logistical processes for external consultants doing evaluations on behalf of NCA
- Support partners in developing and maintaining PMER plans and systems and ensuring that partners are equipped with the required skills to undertake the plan and maintain the system.
- Identify staff and partners M&E gaps and needs and support development of PMER training programme.
- Promote all aspects of PMER to support the creation of an organisational culture which prioritises quality programming and promotes meaningful participation.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of NCA and partners activities, gather feedback from beneficiaries and provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities.
- Support the staff and partners in mobile data collection using Kobo Collect, analyse monitoring data for reporting and timely communicate the results of analysis to inform program decision making and planning
- On a quarterly and annual basis lead and support in the tracking of outcomes of activities and provide accurate data on prioritised NCA indicators as per the results frameworks and enhance quality of reports.
- Support the programme officers to prepare progress and final project reports based on accurate and evidence-based data.
- Evidence, Learning and reflection
- Plan for and facilitate evidence, learning and reflection events at community level, with partners and NCA staff for the programs in the region
- Identify, document, disseminate change stories, case studies, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Plan staff and partners quarterly review meetings on project monitoring and learning updates, achievements, challenges
- Digitization and data quality
- As PIMS focal point in the field, ensure all projects and program documents are captured in the PIMS throughout the programme cycle
- Support the planning and scale up of digitization and innovation in the field.
- Collect data on project indicators and maintain an updated database on project progress.
- Conduct periodic data quality checks and ensure the accuracy of all data presented in reports to stakeholders including to local government units, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
- Program / Humanitarian Accountability – to affected populations (AAP)
- Act as a focal point for Community Response and feedback Mechanism (CRM) and ensure proper documentation. The Officer will manage key field-level accountability mechanisms, routinely analyse
- community feedback, generate trend reports, and capture lessons learnt and best practice for internal and external learning as well as use in future designs.
- Spearhead the implementation of strategies to achieve improvement in community engagement, information-sharing, community participation, complaints and feedback mechanisms by supporting the programme teams to develop contextualized complaint and response mechanism to improve accountability to affected populations (AAP), as well as current project implementation and future programming conform to common humanitarian quality standards (CHS).
- Monitor adherence of NCA and partner projects and programs to Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Any other duty assigned to you by your line manager(s)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant should hold at a minimum a bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields of study:
- Essential: Degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Information management systems or other relevant field.
- Additional training in GIS, data analysis using Stata, SPSS, Epi Info , ENVIVO for qualitative data, use of mobile data collection applications such as Kobo, ODK is required
- At least five (03) years’ experience in programming, monitoring and evaluation functions of an international NGO or donor organization.
- Understanding and working experience of monitoring and evaluation in development, advocacy and humanitarian emergency affairs approaches.
- Experience in the full range of evaluation theories, models and tools, and ability to adapt, contextualized and apply appropriately to all project scenarios
- Proven track record as a trainer and capacity builder in PMER using a wide variety of training methods, facilitation and capacity building strategies.
- High-level expertise in Results-Based management, Logical Framework Analysis, and Result-Based Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Good understanding and experience in Management Information Systems
- Professionally and emotionally mature and able to provide guidance to diverse staff and partners.
- Experience of working in MEAL sector in Somalia
Core Values and Critical Competencies
- Personal initiative.
- Team player.
- Proactive and reliable.
- Presentable, friendly, patient, persistent and firm.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and work with limited on-site supervision.
- Ability to assess situations critically.
- The position holder will be subject to multi-directional demands and should be able to manage their time effectively.
- The job requires the holder to be available beyond the official working hours.
- Occasional tasks/travel may expose the position holder to risks.
How to Apply
Applicants, who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should submit an application letter indicating current and expected remuneration, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of their certificates and any other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th May 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NCA is an equal opportunity employer and women, people with disabilities, and those from marginalized backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Only Somali nationals are eligible to apply
—– JOIN SOMALIJOBS FACEBOOK GROUP: —-
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2825 total views, 32 today