Project Assistant – Cash Based Intervention (CBI) – Jijiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:5 Jun 2021
- Share job:
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal & External Candidates
|Vacancy No.||IOM-SVN/0071/2021 – Re advert|
|Position Title||Project Assistant – Cash Based Intervention (CBI)|
|Duty Station||Jigjiga Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the current circumstance in Ethiopia, currently there is a heavy influx of ex-combatants who will require assistance to reintegrate into communities after long periods in exile. Hence, to secure sustainable and peaceful reintegration of the ex-combatants having returned to their communities IOM along with the Government of Ethiopia is going to implement a Social and Economic Reintegration of ex-combatants and of Conflict Affected Groups in Ethiopia (SERE).
The IOM Office in Ethiopia is recruiting a few Project Assistants – Cash Based Intervention (CBI), whose responsibilities are listed below.
Under the overall supervision of the SERE Programme Manager, direct supervision of the National Cash Officer in IOM Office in Addis Ababa, and in close coordination with the Area Team Leader and Head of Sub-office concerned, the successful candidate will support the day to day implementation of Cash Based Interventions through market assessment, cash feasibility assessment, monitoring cash distribution for ex-combatants.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support CBI and SERE team on development of cash feasibility assessment tools including market assessment, need assessment and financial service capacity assessment.
2. Support CBI and SERE team in the development of project specific standard operating procedures.
3. Support IOM CBI and SERE team in the provision of training to enumerators and data collectors for cash feasibility assessments.
4. Support cash feasibility assessment including market functionality assessment, response modality preference assessment, cash sensitive survey assessment and financial service providers capacity assessment.
5. Participate on joint cash feasibility assessment and need assessment in coordination with other actors.
6. Ensure verification of beneficiary list is conducted in coordination with the ICRS team before cash distributions.
7. Support CBI team on Financial Service Providers capacity assessment and contracting for particular response region.
8. Organize and facilitate cash distribution with prior information sharing with target beneficiaries and local authorities.
9. Conduct on-spot monitoring of cash distribution to target beneficiaries and share immediate report of the findings and recommendations.
10. Ensure appropriate, accessible and response beneficiary feedback mechanism is in place during cash distribution. Provide response to feedbacks in consultation with stakeholders and IOM staff.
11. Support awareness raising activities in coordination with the SERE field team for ex-combatants to engage in reintegration activities.
12. Assist on the provision of regular technical assistance and support on business start-up, social cohesion and mental health and psychosocial service for ex-combatants in coordination with the SERE team.
13. Participate regular and ad-hoc meetings at field and national level including sub-national cash working group, sectoral meetings etc.
14. Participate on Post Distribution Assessment to be conducted by MEAL team for cash-based responses.
15. Flexibility to move to other regions as required.
16. Perform any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
· University degree in social science or Collage diploma and two years on job experience in transport and logistics.
· Certificates on Cash Based Intervention trainings for program staff recognized by CaLP is mandatory.
· Four years of experience INGOs/UN agencies: 2 years of professional experience in cash-based intervention with direct involvement from feasibility assessment through PDM (is mandatory) and 2 years of professional experience in livelihood interventions, is required.
· Experiences in humanitarian assistance especially with IDPs, returnees and host communities.
· In depth knowledge of migration management and cash-based interventions.
· Demonstrated experience in beneficiary targeting and cash distribution.
· Experience on training and supporting income generation activities.
· Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government, UN-agencies, different countries embassies and international organizations.
· Appreciation of different cultures and the plight of migrants and refugees in Ethiopia.
· Experience in working humanitarian agencies, especially the UN agencies, I/NGOs, supporting refugees is essential.
· Thorough knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office packages – (Outlook, Word, Access and Excel) is required.
· Fluency in English and Amharic (oral and written).
· Working knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
Values and Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 3
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by June 18, 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1502 total views, 10 today