Project Assistant Diinsoor, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:13 Oct 2021
- Share job:
- Summary of the position:
Reports to:CHANGE II Project coordinator
Place of work:Diinsoor
Opening date: 12th Oct. 2021
Closing date:25th Oct 2021
- Organizational Background
Somali Peace Line (SPL) is a non-profit making and non-governmental local organization, established to contribute towards bringing lasting and sustainable peace, advocate for human rights of disadvantaged groups, capacity building, social harmony and good governance.
SPL is committed to empoweringthe Somali Society to solve its internal problems through peaceful dialogue and protection of vulnerable people including children and women. SPL is a key member organization of the Somali civil society organizations and is continually acknowledged and appreciated by its partners for its tireless commitment and collaboration in the cause of social change. Somali Peace Line has a Child safeguarding policy and anyone who is going to work under Somali Peace Line must sign the child safeguarding policy documents as SPL is committed to prevent and protect all children from abuse with whom we contract directly or indirectly
SPL is looking for project officers who will be responsible for the successful implementation of Women Protection and Empowerment of components of the CHANG II Project, which is a consortium project being implement in multi-area. CHANGE Project is implemented by Somali Peace Line in Adado, Baledweyne, and Diinsoor
- ROLE PURPOSE:
The project officer will closely engage with multiple stakeholders including project implementing partner (SCI), community-based structures, CSOs, women associations, youth associations, line ministries and local authorities, as well as child protection (CP) and Gender-based Violence (GBV) clusters members working in project targeted locations. The Project Officer will most of his/her time spend with the project’s local implementing partner to provide technical and financial guidance’s, providing regular project updates and information sharing with support from the coordinator to ensure that the implementing partner and project stakeholders receive all the necessary support and quality work is done in the timeline.
- Objectives of the position
To take the lead of the implementation of women protection and empowerment component of CHANGE II Project activities in the assigned location (Dinsoor)
- Duties and responsibilities
- Project management duties and responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the project coordinator, and SPL Program Manager, lead the implementationof the CHANGES II project to ensure timely delivery of project activities.
- Implement quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning activities and procurement.
- Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, within the budget, according to quality standards and as per the monthly plan.
- Compliance with SPL Child safeguarding policies and code of conduct.
- Ensure that all expenses and payments are done following SPL financial policy and procedures and donor requirements.
- Thematic-based responsibilities
- Engage with Community structures (CEFM and FGM task forces, CHOICE and EMB, and influential religious and community leaders to conduct awareness-raising on FGM/CEFM & GBV.
- Strengthen the capacity and coordination of national and district Level FGM/CEFM task forces.
- Established and train school-based girls’ club’s members on life skills, self-confidence, child rights and supporting them to develop their initiatives.
- Strengthening community-based and inter-agencies referral pathways including the provision of medical, legal and psychosocial support for CEFM & GBV survivors.
- Facilitate community dialogues session on promoting gender equality and changing cultural norms that support Gender-based violence.
- Strengthening working relationships with community structures, local authority and the project line Ministries to ensure the smooth implementation of project target locations.
- Facilitate regular meetings with local community leaders and CSOs regarding enhanced civic engagement that supports greater equality for women and girls.
- Identify and build links with other GBV actors in project target locations, ensuring that issues GBV are raised and addressed
- Participate in GBV related assessments; including any inter-agency assessments where necessary.
- Assist community structures, CEFM, FGM task force and service providers to establish community-based referral mechanisms within the local community and districts levels.
- Monitor the status of and respond to all cases of GBV survivors
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to communities, and provide the Project coordinator feedback on field visits through field visit reports.
- contribute in drafting activities, monthly, quarterly and final donor reports including project progress, challenges, lessons learnt and recommendationson time
- Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, appropriately communicated to the project coordinator.
- Technical Support
- With the support of the Project coordinator ensure that international guidelines and internal policies are respected in the setup of case management services, and Women and Girls Safe spaces;
- Ensure Age, Gender and Diversity approach is consistently applied in all activities through community and right base participatory methods;
- Ensure SPL Code of Conduct, Policies and guidelines are applied including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
- Coordination& Representation
- Strengthen working relationships with community structures, local authority and the project line Ministries to ensure the smooth implementation of the project target location.
- Liaise and maintain good relations with consortium partners, other INGO and with all relevant stakeholders in the location;
- Participate in GBV related assessments; including any inter-agency assessments where necessary in the area.
- Keep abreast of protection and SGBV coordination working groups and meetings, and Represent SPL in coordination meetings in the location.
- Performing any other task relevant to the project and position assigned Somali Peace Line.
- Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gender/Women Studies, project management, business / public administration, or other appropriate fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of gender-based violence response, preferably working with refugees or conflict-affected populations
- Female candidates are encouraged
- Key qualities and competencies
- General understanding of child protection, child rights, WPE, VAW, and GBV, and education programming
- Has refined training and facilitation skills
- Proven abilities in managing successful community-based projects
- General understanding of project management and monitoring techniques
- Proven analytical, problem-solving skills and comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Highly organized, efficient and able to meet key deadlines
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in typing, MS word, Microsoft excel and e-mail/internet programs
- Female candidates are encouraged
- Personal skills
- Strong writing skills in English
- Viewed as a person of integrity in the community
- Ability to mobilize the community
- Ability to work closely and effectively with government partners
- Diplomacy tact and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Somali and English
- Terms and conditions
- Probation: There will be a probationary period of three months
- Hours: The standard working week is 40 hours a week.
- Application process:
- To apply send a full CV and covering letter, stating the position being applied for and send to:email@example.com, and copy firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver in Hard copy to Human Resource Officer – Somali Peace Line, Opposite to Pizza House restaurant
- Your CV should be included 3 references
- Deadline for applications: After 25 October will not be accepted CVs
- We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged and given priority
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1271 total views, 2 today