Project Clerk(Medical and Psychosocial Referral)- Jijiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:5 Jun 2021
- Share job:
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal & External Candidates
|Vacancy No.||IOM-SVN/0072/2021- Re-advert|
|Position Title||Project Clerk(Medical and Psychosocial Referral)|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
ContextUnder the overall supervision of the DDR Programme Manager, direct supervision of the Regional DDR Project Officer, and MHPSS coordinator, and working in close coordination with the Transition and Recovery team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the identification, screening, referral and follow up on ex-combatants with medical cases including mental health and psychosocial support needs to access appropriate support in relevant service providers and institutions. The candidate will prepare regular reporting on the progress about medical and PSS for ex-combatants in his/her respective regional state where DDR is operational. The candidate will be based in regional state where Project Coordination Unit will be set up for the implementation of DDR project and serve as the IOM’s medical and psychosocial focal point for the DDR project in the regional state. In particular, he/she will:-
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In consultation with Regional Project Officer and MHPSS coordinator, use the IOM SOP and referral pathways that allow ex-combatants to access medical and psychosocial support from relevant service providers and institutions through proper identification, screening, referral and follow up support;
2. In consultation with MHPSS unit, and following the technical training, identify and document ex-combatants with medical conditions, mental health and psychosocial cases using the individual case management system intake form and database.
3. Identify and support in updated the mapping of existing mental health and psychosocial support service providers and institutions in areas where ex-combatants with medical and MHPSS cases reside;
4. Coordinate with medical and psychosocial service providers and health institutions for the development of referral and follow up pathways to facilitate access to medical and psychosocial services for ex-combatants in their localities;
5. Collect, and share reports and update project team on regular basis regarding ex-combatants’ s access to medical and psychosocial services, including on achievements, progresses, challenges and recommendations.
6. Organize and participate in basic awareness raising for health professionals and psychosocial service providers to better understand and assist ex-combatants with metal health and psychosocial conditions.
7. Work in close consultation with Regional Project Officer, M&E Project Assistant, MHPSS coordinator and other DDR staff as well as project partners to consolidate and share relevant information regarding medical and psychosocial needs and services for ex-combatants.
8. Undertake regular field visits to coordinate the implementation of medical and psychosocial services to ex-combatants and to provide procedural guidance.
9. Provide inputs, photos and success stories for quarterly and/or annual internal and external project reports related to medical and psychosocial assistance to ex-combatants.
10. Support in facilitating awareness sessions related to COVID based IOM Ethiopia’s protocol developed by the MHPSS Unit.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social psychology, clinical nurse, public health art therapy or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
· Three years of relevant professional experience
· Good experience in provision of counselling / case management / referrals with conflict affected populations, institutions, ideally experience in post crisis and peace building initiatives.
· Earlier work experience in the region, particularly on medical and psychosocial interventions, preferably operational and field experience
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills
· Minimal capacity to use intake forms, database, and minimum English written language required to share basic reporting.
· NGO/INGO experience, field based, is a considerable plus.
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills
· Computer literate
· Knowledge of English and Amharic is required.
· Working knowledge of other local languages in the region is compulsory. (Somaligna)
Values and Competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by June 18, 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
786 total views, 9 today