Project Coordinator – Borama, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Coordinator
- Post date:18 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 10 hours
- Share job:
Post Title: Project Coordinator
Duty station: Borama, Somaliland
Duration: Fixed Contract
Closing Date: 1st December, 2021
SOS Children’s Villages is a global federation of 136 national SOS Children’s Villages associations, working in more than 2000 programme locations worldwide. We work together with a single vision: every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security.
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to the welfare of children who lost parental care or at risk of losing parental care – often ensuring that children grow up in a loving family environment, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against child abandonment and social neglect, and upholds child protection policy as part of their commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland (SOS CV) is a part of SOS Children’s Villages International, the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland Association is affiliated. SOS CV is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that is not for profit, non-sectarian and non-partisan and which has been in existence since 1999. SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland shares vision with SOS CV International and beliefs that every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security. To realize this, SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland builds families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland is seeking to recruit a Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the overall management of the project and will coordinate the project activities. He/she will also lead the project staff.
Lead the Planning of FS Programme at Facility Level.
- Coordinate the baseline assessment and analysis of the situation of children at risk of losing parental care within the targeted community(s) and make a final recommendation regarding the need of community(s) to the Head of Programmes.
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis, to identify key stakeholders within the selected community(s) who are interested in or affected by the planned programme.
- Formulate an initial action plan based on the findings from the baseline assessment, followed by annual plans with concrete programme activities based on the analysis findings.
- Identify local funding sources, partnership & networking, applying for grants and other forms of local income, such as donations in kind, and government subsidies.
- Lead development of the programme design, based on the findings of the baseline assessment and analysis, and in line with the organization’s policies, strategies and available resources.
- Ensure that the annual planning process is carried out and plans are updated, according to the policies and strategies of the organization.
- Support capacity building of programme implementation partners to ensure the long-term sustainability of service delivery and ongoing development of the programme in future.
Coordinate Implementation of FS Programme Activities
- Coordinate implementation of programme activities, according to the objectives, actions and time frames outlined in the annual plan. In doing so, also ensure that the programme operates in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Guide and support development of sustainable community responses to the situation of children at risk of losing parental care.
- Ensure that those children who are most at risk of losing parental care participate in the programme.
- Guide and support building of self-reliance in families.
Financial Management and Administration of the Project
- Lead and support timely implementation of approved annual plans and budgets.
- Implementing financial and administrative procedures, in line with the organization’s policies/guidelines and in consultation with financial support staff.
- Ensuring all programme expenditure/resource utilization is in line with the annual plan and budget.
Project Team Capacity Building and Management
- Manage and support project staff.
- Plan orientation programmes for new co-workers to ensure they have a good understanding of the organization and their role within it at project level under the guidance of HR team.
- Ensure effective performance management systems are implemented for all project co-workers, including job descriptions, regular review sessions and annual performance appraisals, in line with organization performance Management guideline.
- Ensure individual staff training and development needs are identified and that these are addressed through staff development measures, according to priorities and available resources.
- Ensure all programme expenditure/resource usage is in line with the annual plan and budget.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems are in place and functioning well, in line with the organization’s requirements at project.
- Provide direct supervisor with regular up-dates on programme activities and results, including regular written reports, according to organizational requirements.
- Secure regular financial management reports, including budget vs. expenditure reports, as required for the effective management of project resources.
- Ensure preparation and timely submission of progress reports to National Programme Development Manager.
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to:
email@example.com. Closing date is 1st December, 2021. SOS is an equal employer; female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Note: Indicate the position and location of job title on the subject of email.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2697 total views, 13 today