Project Coordinator – Mogadishu/Kismayo, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:17 Jul 2021
- Share job:
Position: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervises: Program/Project Officers/Assistants
Duty Station: Somalia- Mogadishu/Kismayu
Position Category: Fixed term (with 3-month probation period)
Project Coordinator Position Summary
Y-peer Somalia currently implements youth and adolescent girls and boys through innovative projects aimed at strengthening and providing quality comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education, information, and youth-friendly services, to young people, improve girls’ literacy, numeracy, vocational and life skills relevant for life and work. We also undertake Empowerment programs to reach vulnerable young women with skills that enhance their life.
Purpose of the position
Under the general direction and guidance of the Executive director, the Project coordinator is required to guide the team on project implementation, coordination, and the development of quality and timely reports to the donor and the improvement of internal control systems to developing a new culture that based on competency and hard work among the project team. The project coordinator will also and routinely support resource mobilization opportunities for Y-peer and ensure all assigned programs in Somalia are timely implemented and of excellent technical quality, attract significant donor funding and contribute to national and global learning, advocacy, and program development. The post holder is expected to provide technical advice and support to the program staff in the field offices to ensure Somalia’s programming objectives are successfully achieved. The post-holder shall also contribute to developing and reviewing the strategic direction and actively participate in the development of program policy and design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the effective and timely implementation of planned activities in the field with the support of coordinators and officers at the decentralized level.
- Advises the executive director, head of programs, and other senior members on the implementation of the strategic plan and the application of the strategic results framework and associated monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning requirements as relates to program activities.
- Responsible for leadership of the Y-PEERs assigned programs and positioning the programs into national strategies.
- Assists the five federal members states office in project implementation for scaling up activities to address the needs of the most vulnerable groups; this could include pilots of innovative approaches which have the potential to be initiated or scaled up, in close consultation with the executive director, government, clusters, and relevant partners.
- Integrates and promote initiatives addressing the utilization pillar into the activities, such as behavior-change communications (BCC), sensitization and community-based information and training; sexual reproductive ideals and youth developing concepts
- Ensures programs are compliant with donors’ and Y-Peer policies and procedures.
- Supports day-to-day management and leadership for program teams in the field.
- Ensures the programs operate within the approved budget and monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures (budget holder).
- Ensures coordination and close collaboration with support departments, including M&E, Logistics, Finance, and HR, to ensure timely achievement of project outputs, including the delivery of program supplies and staff recruitments, and that all operating expenses are within budgeted limits.
- Communicates and engages with the donor and other stakeholders as necessary to address the program operations and provide updates.
- Ensures cross-cutting issues such as protection, SGBV, and exploitation are embedded in the programs to protect the beneficiaries and the staff.
- Ensures that risk assessment is carried out for all project sites and mitigation measures are outlined.
Education/Qualifications: Degree in international development, social science. Master’s degree related field is advantaged.
Experience: at least four years with relevant work experience in project development, peacebuilding and capacity building programs, and youth participation and empowerment.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sound Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative thinking and presentation skills
- Fluent in English written and oral skills
Understand and have good knowledge of social science research.
- Stay updated on donor priorities and calls for proposals and advise the Executive director and Country Office on potential fund development opportunities.
- Participate in the project development, proposals/ long-term strategic plans
- Pursue new and routine resource mobilization opportunities for Y-Peer Somalia
- Anticipate and assist in concept identification and development.
- Take the lead in the program’s needs assessments and technical design, including work plans and budget development.
Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation:
- Frequent Travel to the field for monitoring and coordination.
- Ensures program activities are monitored, and appropriate changes to the implementation are taken when required and report to the SMT, the donor, and other stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensures timely preparation, review, and submission of quality progress reports
- Ensures the compliance of finance documentation, including progress/status reports, budget analysis, program analysis, assessment, and quality monthly, quarterly, or annual reports as required by management, donors, stakeholders.
- Ensures success stories are systematically shared and incorporated into the reports.
- Ensures and monitors donor compliance in the implementation and reporting.
- Ensures and participate in internal quarterly review meetings for each program.
- Works closely with the M&E team to ensure quality and accountability, including documenting lessons learned and implementing recommendations.
Capacity Building Training/Technical assistance
- Conducts practical training needs assessments among target group members (including youth networks and other relevant beneficiaries).
- Arranges training, workshops, seminars, and corresponding meetings organized by the Peer Somalia.
- Assesses and identifies technical assistance needs regarding leadership skills, technical skills, supervision support and provides technical assistance to the youth networks and other youth organizations.
- Provides technical support, orientation, and guidance to field teams, government officials, technicians, and partners on appropriate technical and institutional capacity-building measures to achieve program goals and expand coverage of services.
- Leads and supports the field team to develop participatory approaches for community involvement.
- Ensures exchange of information, experience, identify new strategies, innovative approaches, and courses of action to accelerate/improve the delivery of services and accessibility and achieve program requirements and objectives.
- Strives to publish program documentation through research – put Y-peer on the map as technical experts by issuing quality publications.
- Closely work with youth centers coordinators, instructors/tutors in making sure courses outline are complete and adhere to promptly.
- Assists the Country Office in its coordination with the federal government, the states, the respective ministries, and other national policies and programs.
- Interacts with the key stakeholders, including the Ministries of Health, education/vocational training centers, UNFPA, Peer educators at the zonal and national level, the communities, and other partners, and support program ownership and partnership at all levels.
- Supports the continuous evaluation of the program through periodic meetings, individually and in groups, with the various sectoral team members.
- Leads coordination between Y-peer and other partners, NGOs, UN, and bilateral agencies in the different stages of program implementation to follow up on the implementation of recommendations and agreements.
- Communicates with donors as outlined in funding agreements and support future resource mobilization efforts for the programs.
- Liaises with technical units/agencies, other NGOs, and research institutes to consolidate emerging scientific and operational evidence and data and integrate it into the field’s program strategies and guidance material.
- Ensures that a summary of meetings, seminars, or workshops is written, well documented, and shared with the supervisor.
- Represents the assigned programs/meetings/clusters with stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applicants, who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should send their application: letter of interest (expected remuneration), an updated resume, signed three professional references and copies of academic certificates, and any other supporting documents with the position entitled program coordinator in the email heading to the following in the email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Hardcopy or paper application will not be considered. Deadline for the application by 25 July 2021 4:00 pm Mogadishu Time. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Y-PEER is an equal opportunity employer; female candidates are encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1592 total views, 1 today