PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT
- Job category: Coordinator
- Post date:7 Oct 2019
- Share job:
PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT
Category: Admin, Secretarial and Clerical
Location: Jigjiga, Somali
Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organization that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF-Holland in Ethiopia currently operates in five projects (North Gonder, Abdurafi project, in Tigray-Hitatse project, in Somali region- Wardher project, in Gambella region; Kule and Nguenyyiel project with diversified workforce.
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
• Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
• Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the PC on a regular basis and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
• Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
• Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes of every meeting and contribute to the meeting logbook.
• Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the PC.
• Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the PC in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
• Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the PC.
• Being contactable by phone and available to assist the PC with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
• Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the PC.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
· Liaises between the MSF mission/projects and the regional authorities, and other partners and counterparts in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, Deputy Head of Mission and Project Coordinator.
· Acquires information on procedures that MSF needs to follow related to specific administrative dossiers and advises the Coordination Team accordingly. Ensure the follow-up of relevant administrative dossiers.
· Ensures information gathering, analysis and interpretation on the National and Regional legislation and regulations on humanitarian issues and activities of INGOs to improve operational co-ordination
· Collection of humanitarian work relevant information for the Region or mission (refugees, natural or man-made disasters etc.), from NGOs and from local authorities and other sources and ensure a proper communication flow to the coordination and projects.
· Ensures absolute confidentiality of all sensitive information related to MSF under his/her responsibility and whichever other information he/she has access to that could possibly affect MSF
· Provides contextual overview report for monthly country sitrep
· Responsible for the application of the MSF security procedures in Jijiga.
· Briefing of visitors and MSF employees or security and base rules.
· Take care of local purchases for the projects as requested
· Management of the office store and ensure storekeeping standards are applied (stock cards, quarterly inventory, etc).
· Arrange accommodation and travel for visitors to Jijiga base.
· Management of the Jijiga Base staff.
· Support recruitment for the different projects
· In relation with finance office in coordination, makes monthly cash requests, collects money transfers, pays outstanding bills by providing transparent and accurate expenditure reports and clears possible advances.
· Responsible to ensure contract and/or agreement with external parties (land, compounds, stores, supplies etc) are made in regards to MSF rules and national law.
· Medical cover: as per the organization policy
· Hardship allowance 25% = 5,500 ETB
• University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
• Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
• Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
• Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
• Desirable: Management experience
• Very good negotiation and networking skills
• Essential :Somali Language Speaker is advantageous
English,and Amharic language skills both in oral and written
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
• Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
• Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
• In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
• High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
• Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioral Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable CV and application including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below:
On-line: -www.ethiojobs.net, or deliver at MSF Holland Office, Addis Ababa Yeka Sub City, Woreda 8, House No. 9999/1 infront of Misrak Polytechnic Collage and next to Addis College .
MSF Holland P.O. Box 34357 Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Deliver at, MSF Holland wardher office & Jijiga sub office
Please Note that we only contact short-listed candidates.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1887 total views, 1 today