Project Development and Fundraising Officer – Somalia
- Job category: Development Affiars
- Post date:5 Jun 2020
- Share job:
PEACE ACTION SOCIETY ORGANIZATION FOR SOMALIA
HIRING POSITION DETAILS
Job Title: Project Development and Fundraising Officer
Report:Program Manager & Development
Duration: One  year, possible extension due to performance
Deadline: 10th July 2020
Nationality: Somali, Kenyan or any other nationality
Capable the Advertising Position with Proven Knowledge of the Position
PASOS is Somali national organization whose main operations are humanitarian aid delivery across Southern and Central Somalia to support the poor underprivilege vulnerable suffered any kind of disaster, build a better future to get sustainable lives.
The organization is non-governmental, non-political and non-for-profit making body who had implemented different sectorial projects of emergency to developmental across Somali and has successful rate direct project implementation with International, UN and governmental humanitarian bodies.
PASOS Somali is looking for a self-driven professional, capable of handling the position of senior Project developer and fundraising officer that will be based in Kenya and possible to travel to Somalia if required.
The successful candidate will directly report, PASOS Deputy Director and PASOS General Program Manager and Development.
THE CAREER POSITION OBJECTIVE
The successful candidate of the above position contributes the development of the project proposals in line with Program Development Manager, underwrite PASOS Programme Development Strategy and ensure to meet the report of project achievements to the donors received the funding.
- Contribute PASOS Programme Development Strategy
- Develop Project Proposal of Livelihood, Food Security and WASH Sectors
- Ensure Excellent donor relations through proper, qualitative and timely grant management.
- Increase/Raise PASOS profile, core values and the unique credibility with external stakeholders by communicating the organization’s positive image, activities and engagements in the implementation country and target areas.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Looking for possible funding opportunity for the organizational programs
- Develop reasonable proposals of Livelihood, Food Security and Wash Projects
- Maintain excellence, active and regular working relationship with the Donors
- Analyze the country economic situation for the donor trends, basic needs and gaps
- Continuedly Update the stakeholders such international and national NGOs
Proposal Development and Fundraising
- Designs project proposals with Programme Manager and Program Coordinator that meet the demand (including the financial, personnel and logistics interpretation), where necessary according to the prescribed guidelines of donors involved.
- Identify funding opportunity for the organization that is relevant to organizational key mandate area of implementation
- Identifies and facilitates opportunities for relationship building with key donors and stakeholders particularly our key area of project implementation, Food Security, Water, Hygiene & Sanitation and Health Projects
- Identify relevant International NGOs in ordertogether come up with sound proposals of our target projects and collectively become partners
- Contribute/Develop fundraising documents such Expression of Interest, Proposals and Concept Notes by considering our strategy and donor requirements.
- Ensure to work with Program Manager &Development and Program Coordinator to obtain relevant, technically sound proposals.
- Ensure the capability and professional knowledge to follow all donor requirement during proposal preparation.
- Immediately respond all suggestion and the comments raised by the donors in timely manner.
- Ensure to oversee the contracts from the donors before any signature passed to PASOS directorial level or Program Management Level
- Prepare donor reports of interim, narrative and final that reflects the progress of the project in transparent in timely and professional manner
- Should have capability to follow organization departmental compliance such finance, logistics and monitoring and evaluation.
- Percentage [%] of proposals submitted in timely manner and effective way
- Percentage [%] of successful rate of proposals
- Successful Timely Reporting
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Development Studies, Humanitarian Aid Or any other relevant knowledge.
- In-depth understanding of logical frameworks as a tool to develop theory of change and intervention logic.
- Demonstrate business mindset and proven success in raising funds for a non profit organization from institutional or private donors.
- 5+ years of solid experience in the Humanitarian Field, Donor Relations, Project Development, Management and Monitoring Systems.
- Excellent writing, reasoning and analytical skills
- Financial acumen and ability to interpret and analyze financial reports
- Proficiency and strong skills in computer application usage such Microsoft Office
- Why do the organization hire you, please give brief information in the link below with all your application submitting in the email below?
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified personnel with all the required skills are invited to send/submit their applications with all accompanied details of curriculum Vitae with relevant work related reference and contacts to email@example.com before 10th July 2020 any applications come after the deadline will not be considered.
Please submit the application with the subject position written above.
PASOS is Equal Opportunity employer
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2244 total views, 4 today