Project Development Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:24 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 8 days
- Share job:
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Position: Project Development Officer
Department: Project Development Department
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Project Development Officer Position in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Development Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with Project Development Department staff within the ACTED office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Cycle Management
- Facilitate the development and implementation of project cycle management;
- Keep track of all projects and programmes monitoring and evaluation schedules and work with the respective staff to design and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures;
Developing an External Donor Relations Strategy
- Update on a weekly and monthly basis the external relations database, which documents latest negotiations and proposal possibilities with a number of key donors;
- Develop high quality proposals for new projects
Ensuring the Production of Timely, Accurate and Analytical Reports for Donors
- Understand and disseminate Donors guidelines;
- Liaise regularly with Area Coordinators, Programme Managers and technical staff to ensure the production of quality reports across areas and across Donors;
- Work with all departments to follow up project and programmes databases incl. work on the nomenclature used (official names etc.);
- Ensure that appraisal, monitoring and evaluation reports are made useful for fundraising and add to the general base of field knowledge in the country for all organisations working in the area;
Participatory Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that local partners, when appropriate, engaged in appraisal for and/or with ACTED are trained and given advice in participatory approaches, minimalizing bias, and other key methodologies for information gathering;
- Follow up work plans, activities and their quality;
- Communicate regularly to the regional Programme Managers and Coordinations on all activities;
Developing Internal Coordination and Communication mechanisms
- In relation with the Project Development Manager and Country Director, ensure that all meetings are held and documented (capital coordination meetings, area coordination meetings, monthly coordination meetings, quarterly country coordination meetings);
Developing an External Communication Strategy
- Define the main target groups, activities, resources and partnerships needed;
- Assisting the Project Development Manager and Country Director in developing the country strategy, project proposals, addressing ad hoc donor requests or catalyzing action on specific projects or components of projects
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
- Any other duty as may be requested by your supervisor.
- Degree in Political Science, International Development studies or related field is preferable.
- Demonstrated experience (3 years and above) in project development in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent experience in proposal writing
- Understanding of the developments issues and/or work experience in Somalia/Somaliland
- Well versed with computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with knowledge of both internal and external communications environments.
- Proactive, self-starter – able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Understanding and ability to fluently speak English language
- Flexible, enthusiastic and a willingness to listen and learn from others.
- Ability to work independently.
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on08 December 2021with the subject line“PROJECT DEVELOPMENTOFFICER_HARGEISA”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1379 total views, 3 today