Project Director – Dollo Ado Project Office, Somali Regional state of Ethiopia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:11 Feb 2021
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
Required No. 1
Terms of Employment; One years with renewable contract based on performance & availability of fund
Note: All applicants should state their minimum basic monthly salary expecting for the post and their most recent basic monthly salary history on the application letter.
Part of the Positions’ Responsibilities
1. Direction of the work of JRS at the field level
- Safeguard the vision, identity and unity of JRS at the project level.
- To know and how understand well JRS policies and to implement them at the project level.
- To take new initiatives and to develop concept notes and project proposals for the submission to the Country Director for approval.
- To implement all aspects of the project according to the approved proposal.
- To analyze the needs of the refugees and to suggest new initiatives to the Country Director.
- To facilitate reflection on and evaluation of the project by the JRS team.
- To ensure that the project team implements and maintains the use of JRS international programme templates, finance reporting procedures and the project database of the Pedro Arrupe System (PAS)
2. Care for Personnel
- To support team members in their work.
- To facilitate regular team meetings.
- To make sure that each team member has a signed contract and code of conduct
- To ensure that the contract and code of conduct are discussed with each team member. So that they understand their role and responsibilities as a JRS team member.
- Together with the Country Director and Country Human Resources and Administration Officer to make decisions regarding the hiring and termination of staff.
3. Administration and Finance
- With the Country Finance Officer assistance, to administer the projects finances, guaranteeing a proper accounting of all project expenses.
- To work with the Country Director and Country Programme Officer to develop and submit the annual budgets to JRS and UNHCR.
- To ensure that the project expenses always match the approved budget.
- To ensure that the monthly activity report reaches the country office in a timely manner.
4. Procurement and Logistics
- To ensure the materials and equipment needed for the project are obtained at the best possible prices.
- To monitor and regulate use of materials and equipment.
- To oversee the warehouse.
- To supervise and support the Administrative Officer and the storekeeper staff.
- To communicate regularly with the Country Director and his Country team, reporting on all major issues and developments in the field and within the team.
- To meet with the Country Director on a regular basis.
- Together with the project team members, to write periodical (Monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual) project reports.
- Where helpful and necessary to intervene with the Government and UNHCR on behalf of the refugees.
6. Representation of JRS.
To serve as the JRS liaison with the local Church, local government as requested by the Country Director.
- B.A or MA, Project management, development studies, Sociology, Social Work or any other related field
- 6 /4 Years for B.A /M.A relevant work experience
The position requires the following requirements;
- Experience conducting research including designing written surveys, conducting interviews, and analyzing data
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Knowledge of project cycle management and sphere standards;
- Experience in developing assessment tools (e.g. questionnaires, focus group discussions);
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in conducting field-level data collection, data entry, and data analysis;
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to write clear and well-argued reports;
- Excellent organization, time and general management skills
- Knowledge of normal child and adolescent development and issues affecting youth especially women;
- Ability to provide leadership and healthy role modeling to women;
- Critical thinking, strong analytical skills and objective judgments;
- High degree of competency using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and e-mail communication
- Self-motivated, highly organized team player
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit
- Understands cooperative business principles in other sectors;
- Experience in Project writing or PCM and reporting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Commitment to high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Speaking and writing in a second language: Somali language advantageou
How to Apply
Interested Applicants who fulfil the minimum qualification and requirement can submit their CV and application letter with non- returnable copies of credentials to JRS-Ethiopia Country Human Resource Officer within 5 Calendar days of this announcement through the following address: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Solomon.email@example.com or Submit in person to Dollo Project Office JRS- Ethiopia P.O. Box, 12474 Addis Ababa Or Country Office located Minilik Street, adjacent to 6 Kilo Telecommunication or Yared Music School For further information contact through telephone number Use e-mail communication
Deadline: Feb 15, 2021
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
489 total views, 6 today