Project Director – OFDA/FFP Projects – Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:12 May 2020
- Share job:
Title:Project Director – OFDA/FFP Projects
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
|TITLE:Project Director – OFDA/FFP Projects|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME:Operations (OFDA/FFP)||LOCATION: Somalia|
|GRADE: Executive/Tier 3||CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months
Open for both National & International applicants
Save the Children is seeking a Project Director for its proposed USAID/FFP and OFDA-funded programmes in Somalia designed to deliver an integrated emergency food assistance, health, nutrition and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), disaster risk reduction (DRR) and child protection (CP) services to drought-affected communities in Puntland, Somaliland, South-West state, Hir-shebelle State and other regional states the project could potentially expand to. Through these projects, SC will respond to food insecurity, reducing mortality and morbidity levels and increasing wellbeing among drought and conflict-affected communities in Somalia through integrated, multi-sectoral programming. We are currently seeking a senior-level Project Director to lead these critical projects in Somalia.
The Project Director’s base of operations is Somalia with up to 75% travel to Puntland, Somaliland,Hiran, and other operational Member States within Somalia to work with Program Managers and FSL,health, nutrition, WASH and CP program teams to provide effective leadership, strategic oversight,operational guidance, support monitoring and evaluation, and ensure quality and timely implementation of the project. He/she will also ensure effective financial and operational management of the project. The Project Director acts as the key focal point and represents the project to USAID/FFP and OFDA, and other key stakeholders, including government representatives in Somalia, while ensuring SC participation in key technical working groups and sectors (including Cash).
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to:Director of Program Operations
Direct Reports:(1) OFDA/FFP MEAL Coordinator
Budget Responsibilities:OFDA and FFP projects, according to Scheme of Delegation
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Working closely with the Field Program Managers (FSL, Health, Nutrition, WASH and CP), Heads of Programmes, as well as local partner staff to:
Financial, Budget and Grant Management
Programme Development and Strategy
· Provide effective leadership and strategic oversight for integrated programming under OFDA and FFP programming
· Contribute to situation/response analysis and any corresponding revision of program strategy documents and sector response plans, ensuring integration with other sectors.
· Work closely with PDQ and Awards/Finance team on the coordination of follow-on funding for the program. This includes developing funding strategies, creating grant proposals, and identifying strategic leads and concepts.
Human Resources and Administration
Monitoring and evaluation
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds selfaccountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
· Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
· Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
· Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
· Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
· Displays consistent excellent judgement.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Master’s degree or equivalent experience in development, humanitarian response, technical sector (FSL, health, nutrition, WASH or protection), or related field is required.
· Prior experience designing and managing OFDA/FFP and/or USAID funded food security programmes; familiarity with USG federal regulations is critical
· Strong track record in managing portfolios greater than USD 10 million, with proven experience in project management, including budget management and oversight
· In-depth knowledge and experience of logistics systems and requirements in a multi-field office, multi-program setting
· Experience with remote management and cash programming
· Prior experience living and working in conflict or emergency settings.
· Flexibility and the ability to effectively adjust expectations to on-the ground realities, while adhering to humanitarian minimum standards.
· Strength in inspiring and enabling others through teamwork, training, and capacity building to realize organizational objectives.
· Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Previous Project Director experience
· Experience working across humanitarian and development programmes in transitional contexts
· Prior experience in Somalia
· Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of Somalia
· Technical experience and background in various components involved in food security projects including, but not limited to voucher/cash transfers, food distribution, market assessments, post distribution monitoring, etc.
|Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and
assign the best qualified talent.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through thebelow URLs:-
Closing Date will be 25thMay 2020
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1776 total views, 3 today