Project Management Training (In Class And Online Through Zoom Sessions) – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:2 Jan 2022
- Share job:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING (IN CLASS AND ONLINE THROUGH ZOOM SESSIONS)
OUR VISION STATEMETN
QRTC is established to offer the best research and training service and aspires to be a leading institution in manpower empowerment through continuous quality capacity development initiatives.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To deliver capacity building programs for the labor force with the aim of maximizing their chances of achieving their career aspirations.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Qaran Research and Training Centre is a professional institution created to support research and quality practical trainings that improve the employability of the workforce in Somaliland and other resource-limited settings across the greater of Horn of Africa. We achieve this through designing and implementing innovative and well-informed trainings; ranging from M and E, Project management, HR, logistics and Research processes. We aspire to reduce high unemployment in the region through high quality mentoring, rigorous interventions and strong collaborations.
Currently, we are offering professional short courses which are great eye-opened opportunity for wide range of audience including NGO staff, government officials and unemployed persons and fresh graduates willing to advance their sought-after skills or looking decent and deserved jobs. As part of this programme, our Project Management Training. which is first of its kind in Somaliland-were scheduled to kick off in the first week on November in 2021.Around 400 trainees have already benefited from our previous various trainings both in class and online classes (about of these 20% females). Some of these former trainees have landed decent jobs at INGOs due to knowledge and skills gained from our trainings. Please see below the complete training outlines.
This course explains what good Project Management looks like and gives practical tools and examples for applying PM principles in each phase of the project cycle. This course follows the different phases in the project cycle. understanding the situation, project design, approval and governance, preparation, implementation and monitoring, evaluation and closing of the project. The course will provide tools to use in each phase, with examples of how to apply them, using a scenario that we have adapted from a real-life project.
WHO WILL FACILITATE THE TRAINING?
With a Proven and highly competent Professionalexperience in the field of Project Management for INGO’s. The trainer has a Masters Graduate from the University of Hargeisa (UOH) School of Graduate Studies with Distinctions in Project Planning and Management. He also lectures to a wide range of undergraduate students in the areas of Project Management. Khadar has 6 years’ experience for project planning, implementation and management for different INGO’s, including SOYDA, Concern Worldwide and Save the children International, which provided him strong technical and practical knowledge to apply Project Management at the project and program level.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
This course is for people working for local and international organizations doing emergency and developmental works. It is useful for anyone working on a project, including project officers/Coordinators/Managers and even field staff. Unemployed and fresh graduates who are willing to advance his/her soft skills so that they can easily settle for decent and deserved jobs. Anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can take up this course.
THE TRAINING DURATION
This is a 5-day-long training with 3 hours of theory and practical sessions for each day: Course registration deadline 14th January 2022. The in class training dates are 16th -20thJanuary 2022. The Training hours is 5:30pm – 7:00pm for above mentioned days.
The training will enable participants to identify effective project management practices and their related processes. They will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices to successfully manage projects.
DETAILED TRAINING CONTENTS:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
- initiate a project.
- plan for time and cost.
- plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
- manage a project.
- execute the project
- closeout phase.
1 – GETTING STARTED WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Describe a Project
- Describe the Project Management Life Cycle
- Identify the Role of a Project Manager
2 – INITIATING A PROJECT
- Determine the Scope of a Project
- Identify the Skills for a Project Team
- Identify the Risks to a Project
3 – PLANNING FOR TIME AND COST
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Sequence the Activities
- Create a Project Schedule
- Determine Project Costs
4 – PLANNING FOR PROJECT RISKS, COMMUNICATION, AND CHANGE CONTROL
- Analyze the Risks to a Project
- Create a Communication Plan
- Plan for Change Control
5 – MANAGING A PROJECT
- Begin Project Work
- Execute the Project Plan
- Track Project Progress
- Report Performance
- Implement Change Control
6 – EXECUTING THE PROJECT CLOSEOUT PHASE
- Close a Project
- Create a Final Report
COURSES APPLICATION PROCESS (ENTRY REQUIREMENTS)
- We record video lectures of courses which are intended to online trainees in Somalia (Mogadishu, Garowe, Kismayo, Baidao and many more others)
- There are also live sessions throught zoom where participants interact with facilitators for rich discussions.
- The offline class will be held in our Hargeisa Training Hall( North of -Hayat Diagnostic center, Near Idam School)
- Pay the course fee which is only 30 dollars covering all training related costs.
- Payment modes: deposit at Zaad/ E-dahab 0633499969 or Dahabshil account HRG 32342 before course deadline.
- A group of three persons who will be attending a same course at one time will have a discount of 15%.
- Course registration deadline 14th January 2022. The in class training dates are 16th -20th January 2022. The Training hours is 5:30pm – 7:00pm for above mentioned days.
- Follow through this link to get register:https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/gLlDKeTy.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1059 total views, 1 today