- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:3 Nov 2019
- Share job:
Project Manager-Diinsoor Somalia
JOB From Deggaras Humanitarian Organization (DHO)
Opening date: 4th Nov 2019
Closing date: 20 Nov 2019
Deggaras Humanitarian Organization (DHO) is a non-profit organization, the activity of the organization is Peace promotion, Improving Agriculture, livestock, Environmental and rehabilitation of social infrastructure, human right, as well as responding to emergencies.
DHO was first founded on 1991 by a group of Somali intellectuals after realizing the need of elite back-up in the development stages in out-spoken voice representing the community words, with the aim of promoting the civil societies engagement and developing Somali community grass-roots who entirely need the promotion.
DHO is currently seeking a Project Manager with specific Cash,Livelihood and nutrition expertise, for the management of a relief and cash for work Project.
The main purpose of this position is to set up, co-manage and support the organization in the implementation of the Project. The main focus will be on Cash Transfer Programming (CTP), combined with a minor WASH component. The project will provide in-kind support to beneficiaries through a scope card with local service providers. The Project Manager will work with the DHO ensuring efficient implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project activities according to WFP requirements.
Duration: 8 months with possibility of extension starting Nov 2019
General Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Represent DHO regarding this specific project, Movement partners and other stakeholders
- Build and foster good relations with Communities and other national and international organizations
- Represent DHO during project-specific donor/partner monitoring visits
- Promote effective team building among the project staff to promote diversity and create an enabling environment whereby team members – individually and collectively – can give their best in pursuit of the project objectives
- Ensure that the project is well planned, implemented and reported upon in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with WFP guidelines
- Ensure adequate capacity building on the team, including training, lessons learnt, development/review of SOPs, etc.
- continuously work towards improving the implementation quality, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Review/produce narrative and financial project reports before they are submitted to the donors
- Take full charge of the project reporting, in close cooperation with the Executive director
- At all times, promote the learning environment and ensure that DHO develop capacities to manage large scale Livelihood projects
- Promote transparency in terms of follow-up actions that arise from the monitoring and beneficiary complaints findings.
- Knowledge of local context is a MUST
- Take up any other tasks assigned by the agreed line manager
- Proven experience in managing a relief/livelihood Program (3-5 years’ experience)
- Profound experience in Program Management
- Experience in scope card app
- Readiness to work in remote areas with frequent travels
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the humanitarian Principles in general and donor/DHO requirements
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to prepare concept notes on proposal development stage
HOW TO APPLY:
This job is open to Somali nationals only,
Kindly apply by submitting your application and CVto firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20th Nov, 2019
Please indicate application for the post title in the subject line.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1735 total views, 1 today