Project Manager – Afgoye and Mataban districts, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:7 Sep 2021
- Share job:
|Job Title: :||Project Manager (1 Position)|
|Duty Station:||Afgoye and Mataban districts|
|Job type||Full Time|
|Closing date||15th September 2021|
|Employment period||One year with the possibility of extension.|
WARDI is one of the leading national non-governmental organizations in Somalia with operational presence across six regions in south central. Founded in June 1993 and registered with Federal Government of Somalia, WARDI’s mission is to provide dignified support to people affected by crises to enable them lead a dignified and prosperous life. WARDI has offices in Mogadishu, Beletweyne and Buloburte in South Central as well a liaison office in Nairobi. WARDI specializes in responding to humanitarian emergencies, bridging the gap between crisis and resilience as well as long-term developmental projects with track record in implementing high quality health and nutrition, Food Security and Livelihood, Education, protection and WASH interventions. Our programming has the distinct attributes of applying bottom up approach that puts the communities, local authorities and governments (National and Federal states) we work with at the center of our programmes.
Food security Manager (PM) to work closely with the Project coordinator of Food Security to provide technical guidance and oversee operations of Counterpart’s portfolio of donor-funded Food Security
The main responsibilities and tasks of the Food Security Project Manager are the following:
- Ensure the highest quality of the sect oral interventions, and the coherence between all projects, ongoing and proposed, according to the overall strategy
- Take leadership of the project programs in terms of high quality and timely deliveries, narrative reporting and financial overviews, close cooperation with Project coordinator
- Provide input for monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports
- Provide overall budget monitoring, financial management and expenses control for the project activities.
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- The Project Manager (PM) will report to Project Coordinator (PC)
- The PM should have an extensive experience in project management.
- The PM should have skills in Computer; has fluency in English Language & Somali
- He will be based in the field and will be in charge of the day-to-day project duties and responsibilities including, but, not limited to:
- Oversee all the project activities in the target areas targeted under Afgoye and Mataban
- Planning and implementation of the project activities in the field, assisting the staff in the field
- Carry out the networking of the project with local authorities, other stakeholders in the project areas
- Prepare project monitoring reports and send to the Project Director in Mogadishu
- He closely communicates to & interacts with the project beneficiaries regarding access & use to resources
- Keep and maintain formal and informal communication with the Donor and WARDI at all times
- Builds strong team work and creates confidence among project team
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, food security and related qualifications, Agriculture, or other related qualifications
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in operational management positions. Previous work experience food security, nutrition, and/or education programs preferred. Work experience in developing countries preferred.
- Proven track record of strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to facilitate, mentor and lead.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience working on complex programs with multiple components in fragile environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage partner relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively to create consensus and find common solutions in inter-cultural settings.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Alignment with Counterpart’s values.
How to Apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WARDI is an Equal opportunity employer; female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1361 total views, 1 today