Project Manager -Berbera/ Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:30 Mar 2021
- Share job:
Sub: Job Advertisement
Job Title: Project Manager.
Project Name: Innovative Fishery Development for Job creation:
Project Donor: Oxfam
Duty Station: Berbera/ Hargeisa
Reporting to: Sahil Regional Representative
Fisheries play a significant social and nutritional role in Africa. The sector represents a key social safety net, contributes to food and nutrition security, and provides jobs, in particular for rural coastal populations, which are among the poorest and most vulnerable. On average, fish and fish products account for 18% of animal protein intake by African consumers, and the sector provides employment to over 12 million people (58% in the fishing and 42% in the processing sector). While fishing jobs are almost entirely taken by men, 59% of the processing work is done by women.
The fisheries sector is recognized as a vital economic driver for job creation and economic growth in Somaliland if it is well invested in and structured throughout the value chain right from harvesting to consumer. Although Somaliland National Development Plan II (2017 -2021), Somaliland National Vision 2030 and the Ministry of Livestock, Fishery and Marine resources have identified the fisheries as priority area for intervention, the government commitments to regulate and support the fishing sector is constrained by limited resources.
Candlelight for Environment Education and Health (Candlelight)
Candlelight for Environment, Education & Health (Candlelight) is a local NGO based in Somaliland which is dedicated to development issues in under-served and/or marginalized Somaliland communities. The core areas of interventions are livelihoods/natural resource management/income generation, education, health and humanitarian interventions.
Candlelight is partnering with Oxfam to implement a project titled “Innovative Fishery Development for Job creation”: Candlelight is therefore seeking to recruit a qualified, dynamic Project Manager for this project.
Note: The project duration is eight months
Main duties and responsibilities:
- The project manager will be responsible for the overall fishery project management including planning, implementing and monitoring/ evaluation. S/He must have In-depth knowledge and understanding of Project Cycle Management with special reference to fisheries value chain or Aquaculture.
- Preparing the project work breakdown structures, plans and schedules in relation to the project time frame.
- Designing project control and reporting systems; including Performance and Quality control
- Support the capacity building component to project beneficiaries
- Establishment/ strengthening of fisher organizations/ groups including organizing Self-Help Groups (SHGs)
- The project manager will support the learning and knowledge management component based on the value chain research component of the project.
- Responsible to facilitate and work hand in hand with the different fishery stakeholders
- Lead, motivate and manage project team and resolve conflicts that may arise.
- Support regular monitoring and evaluation of the project activities; working closely with the MEAL team.
- Submit periodic reports to Regional manager and the Program Manager.
- Maintain strong and good relationship with different project stakeholders and networks.
- Ensure effective coordination between the Funding agencies and implement agency.
- S/He contributes technical inputs into the preparation of related projects, concepts notes and studies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager, Executive Director or senior management.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Degree or Higher Diploma in Fisheries or any other field related to Aquaculture
- Minimum 3 years work experience project management with special emphasis to fisheries sector.
- Ability to work under short deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write concept notes and project proposals, analysis and standard project reports.
- Demonstrate capacity to work with teams.
- Analytical and good report writing skills
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to travel to the regions.
- Good computer knowledge and
- Good in both written and spoken English.
Only qualified and short-listed applicants will be contacted for further screening and assessment.
How to apply:
Qualified persons interested in this position are invited to submit the CV with 3 references and a cover letter summarizing and giving an overview of their educational background and work experience not later than 10th April 2021, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1694 total views, 2 today