Project Manager – Burao, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:9 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Terms of Reference
|Location :||Burao, with frequent travel to Hargeisa, Sool and Sanaag|
|Type of Contract||Nationals|
|Duration Contract||Initial Contract One year with possibility of extention depending on performance and avaialibilty of funds|
Network against FGM/C in Somaliland (NAFIS) is a non-political, non-governmental and humanitarian network. NAFIS was established in late 2006 in Hargeisa by several local NGOs working towards the eradication of FGM/C. Currently, NAFIS has a membership of 20 organizations operating in all the regions of Somaliland. As the only nationwide network of its kind, the main purpose of NAFIS is to combat all forms of FGM/C in Somaliland through coordination and networking, policy framework, research, and documentation, capacity building for the key stakeholders, and media awareness.
Increasing access to justice for vulnerable groups, empowering the local communities, increasing legal aid assistance, psychosocial services, and strengthening the capacity of justice institutions to deliver effective, transparent, and adequate legal services requires multi-approach NAFIS Network is implementing project entitled” Strengthening the social contract through access to justice in eastern regions of Somaliland” in partnership with International Development Law Organization(IDLO). The main purpose of the project is to Increas access to justice for vulnerable groups through Alternative Dispute Resultion (ADR) and enhance the capacity of legal institutions in Somaliland. The project will closely work with relevant local and community structures to improve and strengthen justice assistance, including establishing referral mechanisms to the SGBV survivors. The project will prioritize the provision of justice assistance to marginalized groups, including women, children and minority groups. Awareness-raising and trainings will be provided to the local communities and individuals in the eastern region of Somaliland.
Therefore, NAFIS Network is looking for a compitent Project Manager who will be based in Burao and frequently travels to the project target areas including Hargeisa, Lasanod, Eel-afwayn and Erigavo.
Key Areas of Acountability:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager the project manager is required to perform the following duties and responsibilities
Program Planning, Implementation and Monitoring:
- Lead planning and implementation of activities, develop necessary tools to support the project implementation
- Ensure that activities are appropriately monitored and evaluated, when deemed necessary amendments made in consultation with NAFIS Program Manager and IDLO Program Coordinator
- Forecast and follow up on expenditures related to the project and develop quarterly and annual plans.
- Prepare timely purchase requests in line with the project needs.
- Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the project and communicates these to the relevant log/admin support person.
- Ensure the compliance of the activities with the organizational quality standards
- He/she will design, plan and identify training needs and facilitate the training of project beneficiries and ensuring proper follow up to trainings;
- He/ she will Establish Justice forums in three regions and support legal aid centers in prioritized regions;
MEAL activities and project reporting
- Contribute to the project implementation monitoring and impact assessment;
- Contribute to both desk and field-based research according to the project research strategy;
- Monitor the data collection process and ensure that case management is adequately reported and filed by the field staff;
- With support from the IDLO MEAL team, accountability activities for the Program, providing that feedback of the beneficiaries, regional ADR centres and ADR Staff is considered.
- Prepare accurate documentation of all activities undertaken in day-to-day work and report achievements and drawbacks effectively to both the NAFIS and IDLO;
- Ensure accurate preparation and timely submission of all the necessary programmatic and financial supporting documents to the NAFIS and IDLO;
- Prepare and submit monthly and periodic performance reports of the project to inform and contribute to IDLO’s reporting to the Donor;
- Any other support as agreed by NAFIS and IDLO for the benefit of the Program;
Capcity Building and Supervision of Project staff
- Provide close guidance and supervision to the project team based in project sites in Togdheer, Sool, Hargeisa and Sanaag.
- Ensure implementation of the project activities are inline with project outcomes
- Provide regular capacity buildings/training, orientation to project staff inline with identfied capacity gaps.
Communication, Advocacy and organizational learning
- Contribute to the communication strategy and media work with Media INK
- Act as the primary focal point of PDIA for project
Partnerships with Project stakeholders
- Building partnerships with IDLO, Ministry of Justice, regional Authorities, local community, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and synthesis the best practice and lessons learned from project goals
- Focuses on impact and result and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Communicates effectively with staff
- Proves outgoing and comfortable in handling external relations at all levels
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrates compelling communication skills and cross-cultural effectiveness
- Possesses the ability to convey difficult issues and positions to senior officials, proven political judgment, sensitivity to local culture
Education and Required Expertise
- An advanced university degree in International development, law, public administration, Human Rights, Social work or other equivalent field experience.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of project management experience, especially in the justice sector and access to justice issues for vulnerable groups.
- Have experiences with informal justice and alternative dispute resolution mechanism,
- Have experience working with government, Local authorities and the commuunity
- Have experience in designing and delivering trainings.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Project Manager” not later than 17th Sep 2021. NAFIS Network is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1888 total views, 1 today