Project Manager – Dolo Addo Woreda, Liben Zone, Somali Region of the Ethiopia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:11 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 12 days
- Share job:
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) Ethiopia
Category: Agriculture, Water and Sanitation, Energy
COOPI Ethiopia office is searching for one Project Manager in the Energy/Agriculture/WASH to be based in Dolo Addo Woreda, Liben Zone, Somali Region, with at least 10% of travel in Ethiopia.
Planning and training
- Participates in detailed implementation planning (DIP) development of the project in collaboration with the MEAL and Program Coordinators
- Prepares PREPPY in close collaboration with the Finance Manager and Country Administrator
- Prepares the regional proposal and MOU with the working relationship of Program Coordinator
- Prepares TORs for activities’ implementations
- Leads in the grant opening meeting and plans with all departments ahead of the project’s implementation.
- Supports the Baseline data on current diesel-powered SSI and topographic survey of sites and implementation of an agronomic baseline survey.
- Leads project launching, community inception and social capital mapping process
- Leads the design, procurement, and installation of 3 solar-powered irrigation pumps (2 for the target groups and 1 for demonstration purposes)
- Ensures the adaptation of the technical and financial Flowius applications and to suit the needs of private maintenance enterprises
- Ensures the recruitment of 3BL franchise in Dollo Addo
- Supports the piloting of financial and electro-mechanical training program
- Develops the maintenance scheduling and financial planning with farmer groups
- Leads the testing and recertification of trainees and farmer groups, with regular maintenance activities
- Ensures that participatory GIS hazard and vulnerability mapping is conducted, using satellite imagery and a participatory mapping methodology (an innovative approach developed by COOPI in Africa in collaboration with the Austrian University of Salzburg).
- Work strongly towards partnering with DPPO and PSNP on EWS and flood protection
- Works with the consortium partners and local government in identification of model farms and 12 farmers’ leaders, where climate smart agricultural initiatives will be depicted and the range of adaptive climate smart agriculture activities identified: (i) Identification and testing of available early maturing, flood-resistant and drought-resistant varieties, driven by feedback from the market assessment.
- Conducts the groups’ capacity building activities and follow up
- To complement the training in marketing, will lead the market assessment to be implemented by project staff jointly with selected trained youth, offering both a practical opportunity to practice learning whilst start making business links to expand access to quality inputs and outputs markets.
- Will lead the initiative of linking groups to input and output market actors
- Will be responsible for establishment of farm inputs supply centres and follow up
- Will lead the groups’ transformation to primary cooperatives, based on the results of the capacity building work and especially the initial, tangible results in marketing activities.
- Conducts weekly/monthly/ annual reviews, to ensure that the project activities are being implemented as planned and revises necessary corrective plans
- Ensures that the project incorporates innovative, empowering and cost-effective practices and mechanisms that have potential for transformation, learning and scaling up.
- Identifies and plans to address major bottlenecks to innovate and promote SSI farming system that particularly works for the farmers in the operational kebeles.
- Monitors progress and provide on-going feedback and recommendations to project staff and consortium partners.
- Leads the collection of technical data, activities report from the technical team, liaise with the program coordinator and advisory group in the field of Agriculture, Water and solar systems trainings
- Compiles all reports required by the donor and government institutions
- Regularly reports MEAL data on the defined reporting periods (monthly, quarterly, Bi-annually, annually, etc. as appropriate)
- Organizes data collection with appropriate tools like Kobo toolbox, etc. and data analysis and reporting.
- Collect data for GIS software use in collaboration with advisors.
- Conducts capacity assessment and based on the findings advises or plans for consortium partners to develop key competencies and skills to produce quality results and nurture commitments to apply new skills;
- Ensures productive relationships are established and maintained with all consortium partners, donors and local government and non-governmental organizations at all levels and with expert institutions;
- Proactively develops and maintains a good learning platform with all stakeholders and ensure that good practices are shared widely;
- Identifies, records and shares lessons on project processes, practices and results with internal staff, consortium partners and other stakeholders;
- Organizes opportunities and forums for experience sharing and learning;
- Prepares and maintains up to date information on the livelihood situation of each operational kebele;
- Proactively seeks feedback, work towards improving working conditions and relations and solves issues brought to her/his attention promptly.
- Maintains effective and positive communications internally and with consortium partners staff at all levels;
- Represents COOPI and other consortium partners on agriculture and livelihood meetings and forums at different levels;
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Prepares MEAL Plan in collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator
- Leads in the elaboration, preparation and collection of M&E data linking with the program coordinator and MEAL Coordinator.
- Leads in the implementation of baseline, midterm, monitoring, post-monitoring surveys, end-line surveys and all data collection required for activities implementation, reporting on results and objectives as required by the advisors and ToRs (with Kobo when possible)
- Checks data quality (data quality control) at the field level before reporting to the Coordination Office
- Works with the Program Coordinator and MEAL Coordinator to improve data quality after reporting to the Coordination Office
- Participates in the design of projects based on the real needs of the communities (evidence based planning).
- Assists the project officers/experts/ in conducting complaints handling and feedback mechanism and ensures that received complaints are fully addressed with final consensus.
- Supports the MEAL Coordinator and Program Coordinator in collection and analysis of KPIs
- Attends MEAL training and orients project staff on how to use MEAL tools at the filed level
- Regularly reports MEAL data on the defined reporting periods(monthly, quarterly, Bi-annually, annually, etc. as appropriate)
- Contributes in scoping and writing new project proposals in the energy/agriculture/WASH sector
- Shares project ideas and concepts as deemed useful, proposes written innovative actions in the area of intervention
- Reviews and supports the collection of information from the area of intervention (Zone, Woredas and Kebele, community, local partners, NGOs, etc.), liaise with the program coordinator, MEAL and advisory group
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
Duration of the contract: 12 months with possibility of extension
Duty starting date: 1st March 2020
Salary: Gross salary between ETB 27,024.00/month including basic salary, income tax, monthly insurance cost, pension contribution and transport allowance
Qualification and Experience
- BSc/MSc in agricultural engineering, Renewable energies or Management with extensive experience in Small Scale Irrigation, Dry land farming or use of Solar energy.
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience with private companies in the energy sector or International NGOs in a position related to the energy/agricultural sector
- Fluency in English and Amharic and/or Somali
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Excel
- Proven capacity to work in a team is essential. Experience in managing staff is an advantage.
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure.
- Knowledge of GIS
How to Apply
We highly encourage female applicants
Deadline: Jan 30, 2021
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
394 total views, 1 today