Project Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:13 Sep 2020
- Job expires in: 16 days
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE – Project Manager
Sector: Media Development and Communications
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline: 10th October 2020
MediaINK a local organisation working in the media development and communication sector is seeking a skilled and competitive project manager (PM) to support the overall operations and offer timely, and dully management, coordination and successful implementation of project activities. Candidate for this position will be organised, self-motivated with demonstrable project management, and creative problem-solving skills. The PM will be capable of managing multiple and complex tasks; thrive under pressure, have strong people skills, and be capable of interfacing successfully internal and external project teams to resolve any project issues and be comfortable with representational role with both internal and external project partners.
- Plan and design activities, draft, review and edit workplans, T.O.Rs and quality control checklists as required for a smooth implementation of project activities.
- Provide guidance to project team members and consultants to conduct work on the objectives set and ensure that their work is done effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor and evaluate progress of activities and impact as per deliverables set and ensure that activities implemented are according to the workplan.
- Coordinate with partners, stakeholders, donors and clients, address any issues of concern and prepare project reports and communications.
- Provide coverage for key project functions in the field as to assist with short-term gaps and technical support.
- Provide final review and quality assurance of deliverables, reports, and other project documents prior to submission to the clients.
- Maintain regular contact with all project staff and maintain contact with the project management team, for day to day administration and program amendments to ensuring proper workflow.
- Ensure that needed prior approvals are requested, documented, and communicated in advance of specific actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media, Communication, Journalism or related field from a recognised university is essential (Master’s Degree is preferable)
- At least 5 years of proven experience in communication and media development, public awareness or any other related field is required.
- At least 5 years experience in monitoring, reporting and coordination of sizable projects, ideally in communication and media development is required.
- Experience in the delivery and successful completion of projects that specifically relate to media development, communication or public awareness campaigns.
- At least 5 years experience in effectively managing relationships with internal staff and team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is essential (Arabic is a Plus)
- Excellent organisational skills: ability to independently prioritise, to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-task team environment is required.
- Good computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, and email/internet software
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as necessary.
Working Environment: Standard office work environment, with travel to field as needed.
MediaINK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MediaINK considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to sex, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, kindly submit your application and CV with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10th of October 2020.
Late submission of CV will not be accepted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1844 total views, 13 today