Project Manager-Health/Nutrition – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:20 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 12 hours
- Share job:
Reports To: Emergency Coordinator/Head of office
Job Location: Somalia/Mogadishu
Nationality: Open for Somali nationals only
About Catholic Relief Services:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian, relief and development agency that works to save, protect, and transform lives of communities in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. It works through local partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
CRS has a long history of supporting local civil-society organizations in Somalia and has implemented development and emergency programming in multiple sectors, primarily supported by United States Agency for International Development’s Office of Foreign Disaster (USAID/OFDA and FFP) which are now merged to become Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). CRS’ programs in Somalia are currently focused in South Central Somalia, supporting integrated health, nutrition, protection and WASH interventions for IDPs and other vulnerable populations.
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Health AND Nutrition Program in South Central Somalia, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CRS Somalia delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its health, nutrition, protection and WASH programming. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will supervise a number of Project Staff and work closely with other USAID funded BHA projects to contribute to a holistic, integrated, and comprehensive project implementation.
· Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of Health and Nutrition sector funded by BHA to ensure project design, start-up, implementation and close-out are in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
· Lead the development of program learning – identify opportunities for learning, research and publications in the health and nutrition sector and implementation of MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices.
· Oversee technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in South Central Somalia local government staff, health and nutrition LIPs and Somalia national government (Relevant ministry/department) to enhance program quality and impact
· Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
· Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources
· Represent the organization in donors meetings, INGO/cluster working groups, UN, relevant local partners and relevant local government and community actors for health and nutrition programming.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Master’s degree in public health, nutrition, or another field relevant to humanitarian programming in health/nutrition and WASH sectors is required. A Medical Doctor preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management within the health/nutrition sectors, ideally in a humanitarian setting, and for an NGO in South central Somalia.
· Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, a plus.
· Staff supervision experience.
· Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
· Demonstrated experience contributing to the development of project design and technical proposals, a plus.
· Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Personal Skills
· Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
· Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders. Representation abilities.
· Strong writing skills in professional English, level of proficiency should allow the candidate to serve as primary author of high-quality written reports to donors with minimal revision.
· Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
· Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Fluent Somali and English
Travel Required 50% to project sites outside Mogadishu (currently Cadaado, Baidoa, Xudur Afgoye corridor, Luuq, Dollow, Belet Hawa, Garbahaarey, Burdhubo) and occasionally to Nairobi
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Project Officers
Internal: Somalia Program Emergency Coordinator; Country Representative (Kenya/Somalia), Senior Project Officer; (Protection) Project Manager, MEAL Manager; Somalia Risk and Compliance Officer; Admin Assistant
External: Implementing partners, Health and Nutrition Clusters (UNOCHA, UNFPA or other partner staff), FGS Ministry of Health and relevant local authorities; Implementing partner management and technical leadership staff.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Accountability & Stewardship
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Strategic Mindset
· Track portfolio and project MEAL requirements – both CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures (MPP) and donor requirements.
· Work with MEAL staff and partner staff to implement the MPP and donor MEAL requirements applicable to your projects.
· Complete the annual MEAL procedure self-assessment for your project, and develop action plan to advance MEAL practice.
Safeguarding Policy statement: “*CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, human trafficking everywhere and at all times. I, the applicant, accept these requirements as part of my job application.”***
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
If your qualifications and experience meet this job requirements, please submit Written application, updated CV, copies of your education certificates including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by close of business Wednesday July 28, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services-Kenya/Somalia program
Note: *Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation: CRS is an Equal Opportunity employer.**
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1805 total views, 2 today