Project Manager – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:12 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
Project Manager job Announcement
|Purpose||To provide overall management of Civil and Technical Installation (TI) projects of Somtel Somalia|
|Location||Mogadishu with frequent travel in all regions of South and Central Somalia|
|Reporting to||Head of Operation Department|
Somtel connects the people that keep Somalia on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Somalia, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to be responsible for day-to-day management and timely delivery of the Civil and Technical Installation (TI) projects of Somtel Somalia. In particular, the Project Manager will be responsible in planning and designating project resources, preparing budgets, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed the entire way.
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with the Operation Manager and CTO; plans, directs, and assigns duties for project personnel to meet project schedules.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Coach and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Liaise with the vendors and coordinate all deliverables for the project
- Coordinate weekly project progress reports and meetings
- Provide guidance to technical staff on their day to day duties.
- Perform quality assurance and risk management
- Willing to work extra time, if needed, to complete a project
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in project management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven working experience as a project Manager or related experience
- Sound knowledge of Telecommunications
- Fluency in both writing and speaking of English language
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Interested candidates are kindly requested to get in touch with our Human Resource Office.
Please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Application deadline is January 20, 2021
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
940 total views, 1 today