Project Officer, Baidoa – Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:26 Mar 2020
- Share job:
Project Officer, Baidoa – Somalia (1 Position)
|Position Title:||Project Officer|
|Reporting to:||Project manager|
|Duty Station:||Baidoa (South West State)|
|Position Status:||locally hired position|
|Area of Operation:||South West State of Somalia|
|Employment period||Starting in May 2020, one year with the possibility of extension|
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organization with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realize our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
Primary purpose of the position:
- Planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation within the Baidoa prison project with guidance from Project Manager
- Play a pivotal role in coordinating and implementing P/CVE related activities and make sure quality and appropriate documentation is produced, collected and shared timely.
- With guidance from PM, develop project planning and implementation tools:
- Detailed implementation plans DIPs, Procurement Plans;
- Develop with the PM, work-plans for rehabilitation project including logistic planning for project supplies/materials, monitoring /training schedules.
- Prepare up cash request and requisitions to facilitate project implementation, keeping accurate records for accountability purposes;
- Coordinate community engagement for planning and implementation of accountable project activities for reintegration process.
- Promote awareness of project deliverables for accountability purposes;
- Coordinate and monitor rehabilitation activities together with CRD team and distribution of project supplies, promoting transparency and accountability;
- Develop and monitor weekly action plans for rehabilitation program activities in coordination with the PM.
- Prepare project monthly progress report.
- Coordinate with MEAL team and regulary update project IPTT, support data collection with MEAL team and project related supervisions.
- Prepare success stories of integration with case studies.
- To contribute to the documentation of good practices– case studies, successful programming approaches and lessons learnt
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Manager
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in humanitarian and development aid with experience working on P/CVE projects.
- Experience in DDR would be an asset.
- Proven strong knowledge of implementing rehabilitation projects.
- Ability to work independently
- High analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Ability to work in a high-risk security area
- Relevant experience in fragile context and community mobilization
- Knowledge of CVE, is a requirement
- Good knowledge of Bay region and Mai dialect is an asset
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
- Strong and proven knowledge in Excel, word and power point is required.
- University degree in social Sciences or any other related field.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 9thApril 2020. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
FCA practices zero tolerance against concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen [contractor/external party name] (i.e. applicants, contracts, suppliers, consultants, etc.) against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money laundering and Combating the Financing of terrorism requirements). FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3652 total views, 1 today