Project Officer – Food Production Project – Luuq District, Gedo Region, Jubaland State of Somalia.
- Job category: Food & Beverage Affairs
- Post date:18 Mar 2020
- Share job:
TERM OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Position title:Project Officer – Food Production Project
Job location: Luuq District, Gedo region, Jubaland State of Somalia.
Advert date:March 15, 2020
Closing date:March 25, 2020
Expected contract duration: One (1) year with a possibility of extension
Centre for Research and Integrated Development (CeRID)was established in 2005 by cohort of Somali professionals and intellectuals. CeRID, being a social-oriented research institution, is a non-governmental institution working for the welfare of the Horn of Africa people in emergency situations, recovery and reconstruction circumstances. CeRID is fully committed to promoting community self-reliance for recovery and development through research based effective interventions initiatives and human capacity development. CeRID thematic focus programs include; Social Research Services, Education services, Natural Resources management, Livelihood support, Water and Sanitation as well as Environmental and social Justice for peace promotion, community re-integration and conflict transformation programs. CeRID is partner with several international and national institution in the region. currently, CeRID is closely working with Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) in education and TVET sectors while, in livelihood and recovery, CeRID partners with World Vision and Trocaire.
The proposed project is a scale up of the previous project CeRID implemented with Trocaire with a goal to sustain the gains obtained from previous project. To this end, the project will support vulnerable IDP and host community households.This program will target 100 internally displaced and host community women, including the 50 households that were supported in the previous project to improve food availability, and address their access to food for the short term in order to minimize prevalence to malnutrition for both children Under- 5, and pregnant and lactating women. Another 100 men from the same households will be targeted in the CfW scheme, and another 90 students of the Luuq ATC will benefit from the attachment program.
This project requires a technical project officer that will be responsible to oversee the resilience project implemented by CERID. The Project officer will work closely with CeRID team and Trocaire’s Resilience Coordinator to deliver project results that reflect real and sustainable change in the lives of the project beneficiaries who are mainly Women IDPs live in Luuq district of Gedo region, Jubbaland State of Somalia. The Project Officer will also be an active member of the program team in ensuring the delivery of an effective and impactful integrated livelihoods/resilience/agroecology Program.
The overall goal: The overall goal of the project is to strengthen the resilience of communities in Gedo so that they are able to cope with recurring humanitarian shocks and stresses. The specific project objective (purpose) is to improve food security for vulnerable IDP and host communities in Luuq District Somalia.
Expected Results are;
- Improved nutritional outcomes for targeted children Under- 5, pregnant and lactating women from IDP and host communities.
- Improved food security for target households
- Improved knowledge on food production by project participants, both targeted women, and students of the Luuq ATC.
The Project Officer
Specific tasks and responsibilities of the expected project officer is expected to have the following technical, managerial and interpersonal skills
- Project management and technical leadership
- Professional monitoring, reporting and analytical skills
- Proper documentation and financial knowledge
- Coordination and negotiation skills
- Knowledge management and learning
- Contribute to CeRID and stakeholder teamwork
Detailed tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure leadership in project management and implementation to the highest quality standards. which includes support food security, natural resource-based livelihoods; sustainable agriculture with a particular focus on equitable rights for women and men
- Use findings of on-going monitoring, assessments and analysis to ensure optimal performance and design modifications as appropriate.
- Ensure the delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual reports (narrative and financial) to a high standard to project donor
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date analysis of food security, sustainable agricultural and climate change adaptation the district where project is being implemented
- Support the MEAL team of CERID and the donor in monitoring food security, livelihoods trends and humanitarian need that may undermine food security and livelihoods in the fragile Gedo Ecosystems.
- Support Project beneficiaries use diversified and sustainable approaches to increasing agricultural production (which enhance the natural environment and increase resilience to hazards including climate change).
- Proactively promote and scale up innovation, appropriate technology and learning in the resilience program
- Support the project beneficiaries to increase and diversify their income through various initiatives such as:
- Accessing markets for their produce
- Adding value through processing
- Developing off farm activities through microfinance and business development services
- Develop training plans and knowledge management for required training materials adhering to the purpose of each training or meeting
- Contribute coordination meetings, attend review meetings, negotiate and lead the team
- Monitor the overall progress regarding milestones and deliverables
- Liaise and maintain regular contact with the project beneficiaries and other key stakeholders
- Produce background documents for meetings, minutes, and any other required documents
- Ensure timely preparation of quarterly progress updates and financial reports
- Assist in translation of documents and in meetings with donor and other actors.
- Ensure financial documentations, review administrative documents and report as they occur, such as updating the documents, taking minutes, assisting with logistics for travel,etc. and ensure correctness and completeness before submitted to operations and finance.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor
Level of education; Bachelor of Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Economy or related fields is a requirement. Masters degree is a desirable criterion
Level of experience; Minimum of 5years’ experience in relevant field work is required (work in Somalia as desirable)
- Somali (May dialect a desirable) and English required.
- Computer knowledge (MS Office) is a requirement
- Ability to travel within in Jubbaland and Southwest States of Somalia, regional and international is a requirement.
With the overall guidance and direction of the Executive Director, the Project Officer will be part of the CeRID Program team and he/she will report to the CeRID Program Manager directly.
Qualified and interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25 March 2020. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2598 total views, 4 today