Project Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:9 Jan 2021
- Share job:
|Number of Position(s)||One (1) Position|
|Location:||Hargeisa, Somaliland- SONSAF Office|
|Duration of initial contract:||One (1) year|
|Reporting to:||Program Manager (Elections)|
|Closely working with:||Project Coordinator|
Somaliland Non-State Actors forum SONSAF is a leading civil society platform that aims to engage all Somaliland Non-Stat actors by improving their capacity and position. Since its establishment in 2008, SONSAF’s mission and primary objective are to enhance non-state actor’s voice through better coordination and networking that contributes to helping Non-state actors to possess a vibrant space in policy dialogue arena especially, peacebuilding, security, democratization, development sustainability and have concrete influence in formulating policies that address the needs of all citizens. Overall, civil society and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) can influence individual behavior and the institutions involved in all development sectors.
SONSAF is awarded an eighteen-month project intitled ‘Peaceful Elections (PEACE)’. The eighteen months project is funded by the European Union and has two main objectives:
- Monitoring and reducing electoral tensions through Election Situation Room (ESR) across Somaliland and
- Increasing Women’s, youth and minorities participation in Somaliland’s electoral and governance processes in the pre-election, election and post-election periods
Under the overall guidance of the Program Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the project ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
SONSAF is seeking a Project Officer who is well versed in working with civil society organizations (NGOs) and possess knowledge in key areas of Project Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of day-to-day project activities
- Collaborate with team members across project objectives to ensure that all project activities and results are coordinated and mutually reinforcing.
- Support the M&E officer to collect project data during the different face of the project.
- Support in organizing meetings, workshops, seminars and consultations during the election period.
- Ensure timely implementation of the project activities, focusing on the achievements of the project results.
- Participation in the preparation of work plans and operation plans as well as procurement plans.
- Provide support in quality control of project activities, including assessing impact, effectiveness, tracking outputs and results, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain an appropriate filing system, documenting the implementation of approved work plan activities.
- Provide support in regular monitoring, data collection of project activities, design work plan and progress report.
- Supporting, designing and developing training plans/materials, and ensure all materials are validated by the SONSAF Executive Director and the
- Program manager.
- Developing ToRs, facilitating, and participating in the recruitment and selection process.
- Assist the Communications Officer in producing communications tools: video clips, photos, leaflet, press release and other project visibility activities.
- Supporting in liaising and arranging appointments with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, CSOs, NEC, and Political Parties.
- Ensure that documentation relating to each meeting/workshop/event is retained, systematically organized and retrievable for reporting purposes.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Required skills and Experience
- A first-level university degree in Public or Business Administration, Communications, Political Sciences, International Relation, Social Work, or related fields
- Minimum of 4 years of administrative, project experience is required.
- Experience in the coordination, development and implementation of assistance and projects in Election is an added advantage.
- Experience in the facilitation of recognized capacity building training courses is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computer software packages (MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with EU rules and regulations and reporting requirements preferred.
- Extensive experience in drafting official documents to be circulated at the management level.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results driven CSOs environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure, hardship conditions and long working hours.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, is essential.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali
Submission: detailed CV with a cover letter will be submitted no later than 13st January 2021, at 4 pm.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office location: SONSAF is situated Masala Area, Next to Masalaha Hospital
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2425 total views, 10 today