Project Officer-Health/Nutrition – Dollow & Gedo, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:20 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 13 hours
- Share job:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian, relief and development agency that works to save, protect, and transform lives of communities in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. It works through local partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
CRS has a long history of supporting local civil-society organizations in Somalia and has implemented development and emergency programming in multiple sectors, primarily supported by United States Agency for International Development’s Office of Foreign Disaster (USAID/OFDA and FFP) which are now merged to become Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). CRS’ programs in Somalia are currently focused in South Central Somalia, supporting integrated health, nutrition, protection and WASH interventions for IDPs and other vulnerable populations.
You will coordinate with partner teams to oversee day to day management of health and nutrition project activities in Gedo region. You will be expected to support partner teams to ensure smooth and timely projects start-up, implementation and close-out in Gedo in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices. You will be responsible to ensure integration of USAID funded BHA project deliverables on health, nutrition and WASH sectors, LDSC funded Vaccine Rollout and CRS funded food/nutrition projects and further advance CRS’ interventions in serving the poor and vulnerable communities in Gedo region.
· In close collaboration with the Local Implementing Partners (LIPS), provide technical support and oversee CRS projects (health, nutrition and food project sectors) in Gedo to ensure timely and quality programming
· Ensure that program strategic objectives and results under health and nutrition sectors meet the expected technical quality standards and are timely accomplished.
· Support the Health and Nutrition Project Manager to ensure accurate and timely projects management and reporting of project sectors milestones, identify implementation bottlenecks and recommend appropriate actions.
· Attend relevant humanitarian cluster coordination meetings, prepare and submit weekly project sectors update situation reports to the Health and Nutrition Project manager and Emergency Coordinator
· Contribute to knowledge management and learning through collecting and analyzing program data, evaluating strategic projects, assisting with measuring program impact, capturing and sharing lessons learned and best practices, and research and internal reports
· Closely work with CRS and partner MEAL managers to ensure quality reporting, provide timely supportive supervision to ensure intertied programming throughout the project lifecycle – start-up, implementation, and close-out – in line with CRS’ program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Responsible for preparation of monthly projects performance trends analysis reports and disseminate results with partners and CRS and donor requirements
· Review project documentation to ensure project implementation is consistent with CRS and donor requirements
· Represent the organization in donors meetings, INGO/cluster working groups, UN, relevant local partners and relevant local government and community actors
Technical Monitoring & Support
· Support the planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all assigned health and nutrition project activities in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Develop program driven monitoring schedules in collaboration with the Implementing Partners (IP).
· Oversee procurement, storage and rational use of project health and nutrition supplies as per CRS and donor guidelines
· Asist the project manager to standardize health and nutrition Data Quality, Audit and Assurance
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist local implementing partners (LIPs) in their efforts to reflect on project experiences
· Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting project Implementing partners (IPs) in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with IPs to prepare reports per established reporting schedule
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and CRS standards and established schedules
· Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure effective mechanisms for accountability to affected populations (AAP).
· Support the project manager Conduct monthly budget and financial report reviews to facilitate proper tracking of resource use against project implementation.
· Review sub-agreements and partner advances to ensure partner liquidations are on time and all expenditures are admissible according to the approved budget and donor agreement
· Review donor agreement to ensure upcoming due dates for financial reports or finalized in as per agreed upon timeline.
· In collaboration with the finance dept and Risk & Compliance staff, ensure expenditures are consistent with donor rules and regulations.
Risk and Compliance
· Contribute to proactive management of risks to CRS staff, partner staff, and project participants.
· Support the project manager in the negotiation of pipeline funding contracts including Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) with respective UN agencies/other donors and ensure pipeline status is reviewed on a quarterly basis.
· As a part of the larger Somalia based team work collaboratively in identifying and mitigating security risks.
Project Design & Business Development
· Assist the Emergency coordinator to provide relevant and contextualized technical direction and inputs for design of new health and nutrition projects
Human Resource Management
· Identify staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality program implementation.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Clinical degree required (MD, Physician Assistant/equivalent, Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Officer with 5 years working experience)
· Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in managing moderately complex health and nutrition programs in a remote field setting in Somalia, preferably with an international NGO.
· Experience delivering primary health care in resource constrained environments.
· Demonstrated experience delivering health care in conflict settings.
· Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, a plus.
· Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
· Demonstrated experience contributing to the development of project design and technical proposals, a plus.
· Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members and inspire teamwork among diverse partners without direct supervisory responsibilities
· Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
· Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language:** Fluent Somali and English
Travel Required: 25% to project sites outside Dollow (currently Luuq, Garbaharey, Burdhubo, Belet Xawo) and occasionally to Mogadishu and Baidoa
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Somalia Program Emergency Coordinator; Country Representative (Kenya/Somalia), Senior Project Officer; (Protection) Project Manager, MEAL Manager; Somalia Risk and Compliance Officer; Admin Assistant
External: Implementing partners, Health and Nutrition Clusters (UNOCHA, UNFPA or other partner staff), FGS Ministry of Health and relevant local authorities; Implementing partner management and technical leadership staff.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Accountability & Stewardship
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Strategic Mindset
· Track portfolio and project MEAL requirements – both CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures (MPP) and donor requirements.
· Work with MEAL staff and partner staff to implement the MPP and donor MEAL requirements applicable to your projects.
· Complete the annual MEAL procedure self-assessment for your project, and develop action plan to advance MEAL practice.
Safeguarding Policy statement: “*CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, human trafficking everywhere and at all times. I, the applicant, accept these requirements as part of my job application.”***
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
If your qualifications and experience meet this job requirements, please submit Written application, updated CV, copies of your education certificates including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by close of business Wednesday July 28, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services-Kenya/Somalia program
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation: CRS is an Equal Opportunity employer
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1566 total views, 2 today