Project Officer – Jowhar, Hirshabelle State of Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:9 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Project Officer, Jowhar – Somalia (1 Position)
|Position Title:||Project Officer|
|Reporting to:||Project Coordinator|
|Position Status:||locally hired position ( National Position)|
|Area of Operation:||Hirshabelle State of Somalia|
|Employment period||Starting in October 2021, one year with the possibility of extension|
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organization with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realize our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
Primary purpose of the position:
Primary purpose of the position: The Project Officer will assist LG Coordinators, Gender and accountability Advisor as well as Senior Project Manager, reconciliation manager in the design and implementation of Project programming across all spheres of the project “Strengthening local governance structures for more accountable and inclusive Federal Member States in support of the Wadajir National Framework – Phase II. The project Officer will support the integration of gender sensitive programming elements in accordance with global best practices, FCAs gender policy and donor requirements. The project Officer participates in project implementation, project monitoring and evaluation in relation to gender and youth integration in local governance and reconciliation. This include support and coordination with the relevant Ministries of Federal Member States and District Council members, civil society and community stakeholders.
The project objective will be achieved through i) to contribute to the strengthening of stability in Somalia through the inclusive formation of district councils and authorities.ii) to strengthen gender and youth inclusive governance and administration in the targeted districts of Somalia
Governance and reconciliation Responsibilities
- Ensure timely implementation of the programming activities in Jowhar and Hirshabelle state of Somalia;
- Efficient procurement, administrative and logistic services;
- Ensures effective and efficient financial resources management;
- Deliver capacity building and training initiatives, and ensure a timely implementation of capacity building activities;
- Ensure advocacy, planning and programming, monitoring and evaluation, and representation;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Develop common project workplans among FCA, the Ministry of Interior’s Department of Local Governance, Regional Administrations and Local Government Councils and Administrations;
- Elaboration of monthly work plans and budget as well as monthly narrative report;
- econcile the records of payments with activities and recommends new disbursements to the Project coordinator.
- Liaise with support staff and project administration in Mogadishu on all operational matters and financial expenditures and transactions.
- Ensures integrity of financial and administrative operations in the Local governance area through oversight of financial and budgetary aspects of the projects, under advice of the Project Manager
- In collaboration with the Project coordinator, design and review capacity building plan for ministry, regional and district officials;
- Design a relevant work plan in consultation with the Project Coordinator and ensure a timely implementation of capacity building activities;
- Prepare the reports of both monthly quartly, midyear and annually and submit to the project manager/Coordinators for them to review.
Gender and Youth Responsibilities
- Ensure liaison and partnerships with relevant Ministries of Federal Member States and District Council members , civil society, community stakeholders and women’s groups in the project areas and ensure that all information and outreach activities of the local governance project involve both women and men;
- In close collaboration with the Gender and Youth Advisor, Project Manager, Program Manager and Senior LG Manager, reconciliation manager ensure gender mainstreaming, gender programming and youth participation in FCAs local governance program.
- Actively participate in Gender relevant working groups in the project target locations.
- Support the Gender and Youth Advisor in the integration of gender sensitive programming elements to the local governance project
- Support the capacity building activities to the relevant Ministries of Federal Member States and District Council members, civil society, community stakeholders and women’s groups
- Support local actors to undertake robust community outreach activities on gender mainstreaming, mitigation and response.
- Position upon funding availability only
- Any other task assigned your supervisor
Required experience, knowledge & skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (holder) in Gender Studies, Human Rights, Law, International Relations/Development, social sciences or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the gender programming; GBV/ Gender/Governance project; most preferably related to peace and state building.
- In-depth understanding of gender, age, and other socio-cultural factors in the context of peace and state building.
- Experience of reconciliation and governance in depth understandimg of Somali culture.
- Experience in reconciliation and council formation
- Experience and demonstrated results in integration of gender and youth in programming
- Proven Analytical skills and experience in designing conceptual tools and operational manuals relevant to gender and youth
- Proven capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and utilization of information from a broad range of sources in order to ensure effective integration of gender and youth concerns in programming
- Ability to facilitate, coordinate and advocate for gender equality across the program
- Knowledge of and experience in design, management and implementation of local governance programming
- Sensitivity to clan dynamics and understanding of the socio-economic and political situation in Somalia
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good collaboration among project staff, partners, other stakeholders and beneficiaries such as women, youth, religious and community leaders
- Experience in working with civil society actors and district peace committees
- Work environment: Field Based position (Hirshabelle state, Jowhar)
- Considerable amount of travel is required
The selected incumbent will be firstly provided with a probation period of 3 months. The Project Officer will report to the Project Coordinator. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 22nd Sept 2021. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
FCA practices zero tolerance against concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen [contractor/external party name] (í.e. applicants, contracts, suppliers, consultants, etc.) against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money laundering and Combating the Financing of terrorism requirements). FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2389 total views, 2 today